|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Dendera Temple complex, (Ancient Egyptian: Iunet or Tantere)(19th century English spelling in most sources, including Belzoni was Tentyra). located about 2.5 km south-east of Dendera, Egypt. It is one of the best preserved complexes in Egypt. The area was used as the sixth Nome of Upper Egypt, south of Abydos.
|Philae (Greek: Φιλαί, Philai; Ancient Egyptian: Pilak, P'aaleq; Arabic: أنس الوجود, Anas el Wagud) is an island in the Nile River and the previous site of an Ancient Egyptian temple complex in southern Egypt. The complex was dismantled and relocated to a nearby island in connection to the UNESCO project starte...||01/11/2010||553|
|Luxor Temple is a large Ancient Egyptian temple complex located on the east bank of the River Nile in the city today known as Luxor (ancient Thebes) and was founded in 1400 B.C.E.
Known in the Egyptian language as ipet resyt, or "the southern sanctuary", the temple was dedicated to the Theban Triad of Amun, Mut, and Chons and was built during the New Kingdom, the focus of the annual Opet ...
|An ancient wonder in the Gros Ventre Mountain range, These lines indicating streets and avenues is part of a larger ancient city that was once located on top of this once large plateau. ||09/17/2010||478|
|Estakhr (in Persian: استخر) was an ancient city located in southern Iran, in Fars province, five kilometers north of Persepolis. It was a prosperous city during the time of Achaemenid Persia.|
|Nekhen, (Greek: Ἱεράκων πόλις 'city of hawks', Strabo xvii. p. 817, transliterated as Hierakonpolis, Hieraconpolis, or Hieracompolis; Arabic: الكوم الأحمر Kom El-Ahmar) was the religious and political capital of Upper Egypt at the end of the Predynastic period (c...||01/11/2010||520|
|Ietas (or Iaitas or Iaeta or Ietae or Jetae), was an ancient town of the interior of Sicily, in the northwest of the island, not very far from Panormus (modern Palermo), in the modern comune of San Giuseppe Jato whose name reflects the ancient town's.|
|The Temple of Edfu is an ancient Egyptian temple located on the west bank of the Nile in the city of Edfu which was known in Greco-Roman times as Apollonopolis Magna, after the chief god Horus-Apollo. It is the second largest temple in Egypt after Karnak and one of the best preserved. The temple, dedicated to the falcon god Horus, was built in the Ptolemaic period between 237 and 57 BCE. The in...||01/11/2010||533|
|Napata was a city-state on the west bank of the Nile River, some 400 km north of Khartoum, the present capital of Sudan. It was built around 1345 BC by the Nubians.|
Since Early Dynastic times, Egyptians had been interested in Nubia, an area very rich in gold. They soon controlled that trade, which did not profit the Nubians, so that Egypt became an imperialistic power in Nubia. E...
|Mausoleum of the praetor Caius Cestius built in 12 b.C. it is one of the most original buildings of Ancient Rome. It is 27m high, it is incorporated in the Aurelian Walls. It was built in imitation of the Egyptian pyramids.||12/03/2005||585|
|A privately owned house made of gold and resmebles the Egyptian pyramids. It has over $1,000,000 in Egyptian artifacts and other Ehyptian related items.||12/19/2005||3,030|
|It is named after a colossal marble foot from a Roman statue with Egyptian features. In ancient times a temple stood here built by Domitian who dedicated it to the gods Isis and Serapis. The foot is a remnant of this temple and is situated in a corner at the crossing with the Via di S Stefano in Cacco.||11/18/2006||375|