|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|G Class is one of the frigate classes of the Turkish Navy. They are all ex-Oliver Hazard Perry class guided-missile frigates mainly designed for air defense with a weapons configuration that is optimized for general warfare and capable enough to do most jobs adequately. A total of eight G Class frigates are currently operated by the Turkish Navy. They are named as TCG GAZİANTEP (F-490), TC...||09/19/2007||1,518|
|The Wielingen class is a class of four multi-functional frigates built for the Belgian Naval Component. The ships are named after sandbanks in the North Sea, not far from the Belgian coast, or searoutes. The lead ship is named after the Wielingen sandbank. |
The Belgian government decided on 22 December 1970 to order four new frigates, which would be built by the Belgian shipyards...
|Canadian Halifax class frigate, dead in water, to the south and smoke markers to the north. |
The smoke markers propably placed by the CH-124 Sea King helicopter of the frigate.
|In late 2002 China began construction of a new frigate, the Type 054 (NATO Codename JIANGKAI I). The first ship was No. 525 Ma'anshan, and the first captain of this first ship of the class is Commander Wang Xianzhong (王獻忠). The Type 054 has now been superseded by the more capable Type 054A frigate. |
The Type 054 is successor to the Jiangwei and Jianghu class ...
|The F931 Louise-Marie is a Karel Doorman class frigate of the Naval Component of the Belgian Armed Forces to be commissioned in 2008. It is the second of the two frigates of this class that were purchased from the Royal Netherlands Navy on December 22, 2005.|
It served in the Netherlands Royal Navy as the HNLMS Willem van der Zaan (F829).
The HNLMS Willem van der Za...
|The Floréal is a small monitoring frigate ("frégate de surveillance") of the French Marine Nationale. She is the lead ship of her class, and the first French vessel named after the 8th month of the Republican Calendar. |
In 1993, she took part in United Nations Operation in Somalia II to protect Blue Helmets. In 1995, she took part in the capture of Bob Denard in the Comoros.
|The Oliver Hazard Perry class (sometimes referred to as the Perry class or FFG-7 class), is a class of frigates named after Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry. The class was designed in the United States in the mid-1970s as general-purpose escort vessels, capable of most naval operations, yet cheap enough to be bought in large quantities to replace World War II-era destroyers. 55 ships were built in...||06/23/2008||335|
|The Project 1135 Burevestnik (Storm Petrel) class were a series of frigates built for the Soviet Navy. These ship are commonly known by their NATO reporting name of Krivak. |
These ships were designed as a successor to the Riga class. The design started in the late 1950s and matured as an anti-submarine ship in the 1960s. A total of 40 ships were built, 32 ships for the Soviet Nav...
|The Osumi class LST, is a Japanese amphibious assault ship. While the JMSDF describes the Osumi class as tank landing ships, they lack the bow doors and beaching capability traditionally associated with LSTs. Functionally, their well deck makes the Osumi class are more like a dock landing ship (LSD) or amphibious transport dock (LPD). |
The class could well be described as helicop...
|The Project 941 or Akula, Russian "Акула" ("Shark") class submarine (NATO reporting name: Typhoon) is a type of nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine deployed by the Soviet Navy in the 1980s. With a maximum displacement of 33,800 tons, the Typhoons are the largest class of submarine ever built.|
|Originally named the HMS Bloodhound, this Broadsword Class Frigate is now under control of the Romanian Navy, having been sold on Jamuary 14, 2003. More information and facts in the file.|
Author's Note: Apparently its not 2003 yet in this image.
|HMS UNICORN was designed as one of the last of the successful Leda class frigates, 150 feet long in the hull and armed with 46 guns, Unicorns's keel was laid in February 1822 on No. 4 slip in the Royal Dockyard at Chatham, and she was launched on 30th March 1824.||05/04/2006||329|