|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|3D Model of refinery placed in Brindisi. Brindisi is an Italian city.|
Modeled by Iamores (Ceros y Unos Ingenieria Informatica, Spain).
|St Eval airfield in June 1941. There are bomb craters within the airfield itself and beyond the perimeter track towards the bottom right of the photo. Note also the camouflage paint applied to the runway and to three large hangars and other buildings.||12/03/2009||503|
|South Italy Brindisi UN base and airport||10/28/2005||272|
|Dates: 15 to 17 June 1941.After Operation Brevity failed to lift the siege of Tobruk in May 1941, a second attempt was launched on 15 June. Beresford-Peirse planned to take Halfaya Pass and Fort Capuzzo using the 4th Indian Division. The tanks of 7th Armoured Division would both support the infantry and advance to the Hafid Ridge, beyond Fort Capuzzo, where they would engage enemy tank forces. ...||01/11/2006||696|
|This is a time overlay showing German advances into Russia from the start of Operation Barbarossa June 22 1941 until December 9 1941.||02/14/2009||1,712|
|Brindisy Harbour(porto di Brindisi).||09/12/2005||384|
|Known from the miniseries Band of brothers|
Roll of honor
506th Parachute Infantry Rgt : Colonel Robert Sink
Rgt Hq Co : Captain Edward A. Peters (KIA 6 June)
Rgt Service Co : Captain George L. Barton III
1/506th : Lt Col. William L. Turner (KIA 7 June), Lt Col. James L. LaPrade (From 7 June)
Hq Co : Captain Lloyd E. Patch
|Wilhelm II (German: Prinz Friedrich Wilhelm Viktor Albrecht von Preußen; English: Prince Frederick William Victor Albert of Prussia) (27 January 1859 – 4 June 1941) was the last German Emperor and King of Prussia (German: Deutscher Kaiser und König von Preußen), ruling both the German Empire and the Kingdom of Prussia from 15 June 1888 to 9 November 1918.|
|High oblique photograph showing bombs bursting on newly-built hangars on the airfield at Desvres, France, during an attack by 6 Bristol Blenheim Mark IVs of No. 110 Squadron RAF, ('Circus' operation). ||08/17/2008||615|
|From September 1940 was La Pallice the alternative base for the Italian Betasom submarines (the main base of operations being Bordeaux). The 3rd Flotilla took over the base on October 27, 1941. |
In April 1941 the German Command decided to build also a bunker in La Pallice. The first two pens were finished in October 1941. The U-boat bunker was 195 m wide, 165 m long and 19m high....
|Trondheim, in central Norway, was one of the most important portal cities in Norway during the war. Today she is the 3rd largest city in Norway. From there the 13th Flotilla operated from June 1940 until its surrender in May 1945 sending its 55 U-boats out to combat the Allies.|
The bunker was constructed since it was needed more repair facilities outside of Germany and the facili...
|RAF Fairlop was first used during the First World War as a Royal Naval Air Station Training School.|
A small flying club used the site between the wars and there were plans to build a commercial airport, but these were later abandoned.
With WW2 a year old, construction of the concrete runways in the familiar "A" pattern started in September 1940 and were completed August 1941.