Bridge over Kwai river (3d model) "first construction of the steel bridge"
The eleven span bridge spanning the Mae Klong river (renamed Kwai Yai river in 1960). Dismantled by the Japanese in Java and transported to the site in 1942, the bridge was rebuilt using prisoner of war (POW) labour, and opened for use in April 1943. One span of the bridge was destroyed by Allied aircraft ...
Kim Il-Sung Stadium is a very large stadium located in Pyongyang, the capital of North Korea. Originally the "Kirim Stadium," a baseball field built during the Japanese occupation, it was the site of Kim Il-Sung's first speech after returning from exile in 1945. Rebuilt in 1969, it was then called Moranbong Stadium, but in 1982 it was renovated and renamed in honour of Kim Il-Sung. Th...
White City Stadium (originally The Great Stadium) was built in White City, London, for the 1908 Summer Olympics, often seen as the precursor to the modern seater stadium and noted for hosting the finish of the first modern distance marathon. It also hosted speedway and a match at the 1966 World Cup, before the stadium was demolished in 1985.
Hackney Wick Stadium, Waterden Road, in the London Borough of Hackney, was opened in 1932 and was mainly used for greyhound racing and speedway.
In 1994, a £12M stand and restaurant was built and the stadium was renamed the London Stadium, Hackney. In December 1997 the company that owned the stadium, London Stadium Hackney Ltd., went out of business.
West Ham Stadium was a stadium that existed between 1928 and 1972 in Custom House, in east London (it was in the County Borough of West Ham, in the county of Essex, at the time of the stadium's construction). The stadium was built in 1928 on Prince Regent Lane, near the site of the present-day Prince Regent DLR station.
The stadium had no connection at all with West Ham United fo...
Wooden bridge which spanned the Mae Klong River (renamed Kwai Yai River in 1960). Construction began in October 1942, it was completed and operational by early February 1943. Both the wooden and the adjacent steel bridge were subjected to numerous air raids between January and June 1945
The Bridge crossing the Bow River in Calgary, Alberta. It was originally called the MacArthur Bridge, but it was destroyed in a flood in 1915. In 2000, the bridge was restored and renovated. The bridge features four lions atop the sides of the bridge.
Google Earth Hacks is not affiliated with Google in any way
"Google" and "Google Earth" are trademarks of Google Inc.