|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|From the beginning in 1877 to 1922 this site was the home of the Wimbledon tennis tournament before moving to Church Road where it's still is. Today it houses the Wimbledon High School sports ground.|
|Sywell Aerodrome (IATA: ORM, ICAO: EGBK) is the local aerodrome serving the town of Northampton, Wellingborough, Kettering and Rushden, as well as wider Northamptonshire. The aerodrome is located 5 nautical miles (9.3 km; 5.8 mi) northeast of Northampton and was originally opened in 1928 on the edge of Sywell village.|
|With 36 planes at the aerodrome.|
The Great West Aerodrome, also known as Harmondsworth Aerodrome or Heathrow Aerodrome, was a grass airfield, operational between 1930 and 1944. It was on the southeast edge of the hamlet of Heathrow, in the parish of Harmondsworth. The Fairey Aviation Company owned and operated it, for assembly and flight testing of Fairey-manufactured aircraft. T...
|The Championships, Wimbledon, commonly referred to as simply "Wimbledon", is the oldest and most prestigious event in the sport of tennis. Held every June or July, the tournament is the third Grand Slam event played each year and is the only major tourament still held on grass. The Championships were first played in 1877 at a ground near Worple Road, Wimbledon and moved to their present locati...||02/12/2006||462|
|Croydon Airport (ICAO: EGCR) was an airport in South London which straddled the boundary between what are now the London boroughs of Croydon and Sutton. Croydon was the first airport in the world to introduce air traffic control, in 1921. It was the main airport for London before it was replaced by Northolt Aerodrome, London Heathrow Airport and London Gatwick Airport. Both the terminal buildin...||11/02/2010||361|
|Hendon Aerodrome was an aerodrome in Hendon, north London, England that, between 1908 and 1968, was an important centre for aviation.|
It was situated in Colindale, seven miles (11.3 km) north west of Charing Cross. It nearly became "the Charing Cross of the UK's international air routes", but for the actions of RAF after the First World War. It was famous as a place of pioneering...
|Castle Bromwich Aerodrome was an early airfield, situated to the north of Castle Bromwich in the West Midlands of England. The site now falls within the City of Birmingham.|
This was a shadow factory for Spitfires and Landcaster bombers.
|Plough Lane was a football stadium in Wimbledon, south west London. It was the home ground of Wimbledon Football Club from September 1912 to May 1991, when the club moved their first team home matches to Selhurst Park as part of a groundshare agreement with Crystal Palace. Both clubs' reserve teams then used Plough Lane as their home ground until 1998, when it was sold to Safeway. The stadium w...||12/30/2011||83|
|Beccles Airfield, also known as Beccles Airport or Beccles Aerodrome (ICAO: EGSM), is located in Ellough, 2 NM (3.7 km; 2.3 mi) southeast of Beccles in the English county of Suffolk. Built during the second world war, it has operated as a heliport servicing the North Sea oil and gas industry and currently operates as a base for private flights and flight training.|
|Wimbledon (Wikipedia link) Tennis Club, London.||08/11/2005||1,151|
|Morje aerodrome at Leningrad Oblast on 21st May 1943. There are no aeroplanes at the aerodrome and overall the place seems to be not in use.|
Finnish National Archive Sörnäinen. File PK 2266/1.
|Heston Aerodrome was a 1930s airfield located to the west of London, UK, operational between 1929 and 1947. It was situated on the border of the Heston and Cranford areas of Hounslow, Middlesex. In September 1938, the British Prime Minister, Neville Chamberlain, flew from Heston to Germany three times in two weeks for talks with Adolf Hitler, and returned to Heston from the Munich Conference wi...||11/02/2010||431|