|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|This is the old Muna used till 1990||08/13/2005||489|
|A reconnaissance picture of the concentration camp Dachau near Munich made during WWII.|
In total, over 200,000 prisoners from more than 30 countries were housed in Dachau. Beginning in 1941, Dachau was also used for extermination purposes. Camp records list 30,000 persons killed in the camp, with thousands more who died due to the conditions in the camp. In early 1945, there was ...
|Das Fernmelderegiment 320|
Das Fernmelderegiment 320 gehört zur Fernmeldetruppe Elektronische Kampfführung (EloKa). Seit der Aufstellung des Fernmeldebataillons 320 am 01. Juni 1962 in der Burgwald-Kaserne Frankenberg/Eder ist seine Hauptaufgabe die Aufklärung fremder Streitkräfte mit Mitteln und Methoden der Fernmelde- und Elektronischen Aufklärung.
English translation of...
|Camp des Milles was a French internment camp, opened in September 1939, in a former factory. The camp was first used to intern Germans and Austrians, and by June 1940, some 3,500 people were detained here.|
Between 1941 and 1942 Le Camp des Milles was used as a transit camp for Jews before deportation. About 2,000 of the inmates were shipped off to the Drancy camp on the way to Au...
|The Camp de Rivesaltes is a military camp in France (also called camp Joffre) located on the territory of the commune of Rivesaltes in Pyrénées-Orientales in the South of France. The camp was also used for interning several civil populations from 1939 to 2007. The darkest period of the camp was in 1942 when 2251 Jews, including 110 children of the Rivesaltes Camp were transferred via the Drancy...||08/21/2009||302|
|This is an old WWII 16" shore battery that was later used as an FPS-35 RADAR site for the NIKE missile program.||05/02/2006||446|
|At Springhirsch near Kaltenkirchen was from August 1944 to April 1945 a satellite camp of concentration camp Neuengamme. |
The prisoners had to construct a military airport.
About 700 of them died in this camp.
Some remains of the camp are still visible. There is also a small museum and a memorial.
|overlay of the Manzanar Japanese Internment Camp, where citizens of Japanese ancestry were forced to reside during WWII||08/28/2005||514|
|Salaspils concentration camp was established at the end of 1941 at a point 18 km southeast of Riga,in the country of Latvia. The Nazi bureaucracy drew distinctions between different types of camps. Officially, Salaspils was a Police Prison and Work Education Camp (Polezeigegfängnis und Arbeitserziehungslager). It was also known as camp Kurtenhof after the German name for the city of Salaspils. ...||01/05/2010||428|
|The kiwi was constructed to commemorate the now gone Sling camp’s First World War New Zealand Troop occupation (Feb-March 1919.) This was carried out by the New Zealand Canterbury Battalion Engineers from a design drawn by Percy Blenkarne. The kiwi was looked after by the Kiwi polish Co for a while as an advert, it was covered during WWII particularly important considering its proximity to the ...||07/26/2006||411|
|Ravensbrück was a notorious women's concentration camp during in World War II, located in northern Germany, 90 km north of Berlin at a site near the village of Ravensbrück (part of Fürstenberg/Havel). Construction of the camp began in November 1938 by SS leader Heinrich Himmler and was unusual in that it was a camp primarily for women. The camp opened in May 1939. In the spring of 1941, the SS ...||08/10/2007||2,312|
|The camp Le Vernet (or Camp Vernet) served several functions between June 1918 and 1948:|
June 1918: Establishment of the camp to house French colonial troops during World War I. Short after the opening of the camp, it became a camp for German and Austrian POW's.
During the interbellum: Military depot.
1939: Reception camp for refugees Spanish civil war...