|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Address: 937 Phillips Lane|
Louisville, KY 40209-1398 USA
Phone numbers: 800-SCREAMS Toll Free
Official web site: http://www.sixflags.com/parks/kentuckykingdom
Fan web sites: Jen's Kentucky Kingdom Page
Status: Operating since 5/23/1987
Name changes: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (6/22/1998 to ?)<...
|John Knox (1514?–1572) was a Scottish religious reformer who took the lead in reforming the Church in Scotland along Calvinist lines. He is widely regarded as the father of the Protestant Reformation in Scotland and of the Church of Scotland. He died in Edinburgh on November 24, 1572.|
|The capitol house in Frankfort, Kentucky.||08/21/2007||669|
|The current Fort Moltrie is the third fort at this location. It is a brick fort built in 1809. It was modernized in the 1870s, with rifled cannon and concrete bunkers. Additional modernization in the 1880s turned all of Sullivan's Island into a military complex, of which the old fort was just a part.||03/16/2006||800|
|Fort Barrancas (1839) or Fort San Carlos de Barrancas (from 1787) is the name of a historic United States military fort in the Warrington area of Pensacola, Florida. |
The hill-top fort, connected to a sea-level water battery, overlooks Pensacola Bay, from what is now Naval Air Station Pensacola. Because the hill-top fort was rebuilt of brick, becoming Fort Barrancas, the older, w...
|Fort McHenry, the star fort that protected Baltimore in the War of 1812. Francis Scott Key, while watching the bombardment of this fort from a British ship, wrote the "Star Spangled Banner" about the flag flying at this fort.||08/13/2005||808|
|Fort Stanwix was a colonial fort erected in 1758 by British General John Stanwix, at the location of present-day Rome, New York. The fort guarded a portage known as the Oneida Carrying Place during the French and Indian War. A reconstructed fort has been built at the site by the National Park Service, and the Fort Stanwix National Monument lies in the center of the modern city.||12/11/2005||538|
|Fan Lau Fort can be dated to 1729. Rectangular in shape, the fort measures 21m by 46m and its walls are built of semi-dressed stone and green bricks. The fort was probably abandoned around 1898 after the lease of the New Territories to Britain.||10/24/2005||405|
|Fort Warren defended the harbor at Boston, Massachusetts, for over 100 years. onstruction of the penatagonal-shaped granite fort began in 1833 and was fully completed shortly after the Civil War. Today, the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation maintains the fort. An estimated 100,000 tourists visit the fort each year.||10/22/2005||556|
|A pentagonal brick fort with both inner and outer walls, Fort Clinch lies to the northeast of Fernandina Beach at the entrance to the Cumberland Sound. The fort was briefly re-activated in 1898 for the Spanish-American War. In 1935 the State of Florida bought 256 acres that included the then-abandoned fort and the surrounding area. The park opened to the public in 1938.||03/29/2007||482|
|Fort Charles is an old British fort on the island of St. Kitts. It's capture by the French was the reason for the construction of the more famous Brimstone Hill Fortress, which overlooks it. |
The fort today is not in good shape. It was abandoned by the British in 1854, and used from 1890 to 1996 as a Leper colony. Since then, it has been completely abandoned and is overgrown with...
|Bewcastle Roman Fort was a Roman fort, built to the north of Hadrian's Wall as an outpost fort and intended for scouting and intelligence. The Roman name for the fort was Fanum Cocidi (as recorded in the Ravenna Cosmography), and means 'The Shrine of Cocidius', a deity worshipped in northern Britain. The remains of the fort are situated at the village of Bewcastle, Cumbria, 7 miles (11 km) to t...||11/03/2009||312|