|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Nieuwe Lutherse Kerk, Amsterdam, rebuilt in 1823 by T.F. Suys and J. de Greef.||08/26/2005||405|
|Nieuwe Kerk, Amsterdam, built around 1400.||08/26/2005||331|
|This church is known by several names. St. Laurens and St. Laurentius both remind of its catholic origins, while it has been also known as Grote Kerk ('great church') since it was confiscated and became a protestant church.||08/26/2005||292|
|This is the Defense line of Amsterdam (in Dutch named Stelling van Amsterdam) is a 135 km long ring of fortifications around Amsterdam, consisting of 42 forts located between 10 to 15 kilometers the centre.||10/11/2007||609|
|Bus 111 runs between Amsterdam and Marken.|
All bus stops between Amsterdam and Marken are covered.
By pressing the 'play' button it is possible to follow the route from Amsterdam to Marken.
|The Olympisch Stadion is a stadium built as the main stadium for the 1928 Summer Olympics in Amsterdam. When completed, the stadium had a capacity of 31,600. Following the completion of the rival De Kuip stadium in Rotterdam in 1937, the Amsterdam authorities decided to increase the capacity of the Olympisch Stadion to 64,000 by adding a second ring to the stadium. AFC Ajax used the Olympisch S...||02/07/2006||484|
|Normaal Amsterdams Peil (NAP) or Amsterdam Ordnance Datum is a vertical datum in use in large parts of Western Europe. |
Originally created for use in The Netherlands, it was adopted by Germany in 1879 under the name Normal Null, and in 1955 by other European countries.
In the Amsterdam City Hall you can see the N.A.P. A bronze bolt shows the exact height of the N.A.P.
|Amsterdam has a lot of bridges. Each bridge has a number.|
Each bridge (NL: Brug) in this list is nominated as monument by the Amsterdam counsil.
|This island was discovered by the Spanish explorer Juan Sebastián Elcano on March 18, 1522. Elcano did not name the island, however.|
Having found the island unnamed, the Dutch captain Anthonie van Diemen named it Nieuw Amsterdam (Dutch for New Amsterdam) after his ship in 1633.
French Captain François Péron, was marooned three years on this island. Péron had been o...
|This is one one of the most fabulous stadiums of Europe. A previous version on your site contains an overlay. The overlay is no longer seccesarry since this peice of Amsterdam became sharp a while ago. The 'ArenA' is the home of soccerclub Ajax as well as The Amsterdam Admirals (American Football club).|
|The Royal Palace of Amsterdam was build in the 17th century as the new city hall of Amsterdam.||08/26/2005||388|
|This park in de center of Amsterdam is usually very crowded with people sitting in the sun.||05/09/2006||355|