|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Camp des Milles was a French internment camp, opened in September 1939, in a former factory. The camp was first used to intern Germans and Austrians, and by June 1940, some 3,500 people were detained here.|
Between 1941 and 1942 Le Camp des Milles was used as a transit camp for Jews before deportation. About 2,000 of the inmates were shipped off to the Drancy camp on the way to Au...
|A detail overlay of the Manzanar Relocation Center dated 4/20/45. Shows block numbers and barracks within the blocks. Street names plus areas of intrest are also shown. Many of the residents rock gardens and other improvements are still visible at the site. ||07/03/2006||621|
|The Camp de Rivesaltes is a military camp in France (also called camp Joffre) located on the territory of the commune of Rivesaltes in Pyrťnťes-Orientales in the South of France. The camp was also used for interning several civil populations from 1939 to 2007. The darkest period of the camp was in 1942 when 2251 Jews, including 110 children of the Rivesaltes Camp were transferred via the Drancy...||08/21/2009||477|
|The camp Le Vernet (or Camp Vernet) served several functions between June 1918 and 1948:|
June 1918: Establishment of the camp to house French colonial troops during World War I. Short after the opening of the camp, it became a camp for German and Austrian POW's.
During the interbellum: Military depot.
1939: Reception camp for refugees Spanish civil war...
|FrÝslev Prison Camp (Danish: FrÝslevlejren; German: Polizeigefangenenlager FrÝslev) was an internment camp in German-occupied Denmark during World War II.|
In order to avoid deportation of Danes to German concentration camps, Danish authorities suggested, in January 1944, that an internment camp be created in Denmark. The German occupation authorities consented, and the camp was e...
|1944 aerial photograph showing relocation center farm fields north and south of the developed area at Manzanar. ||09/21/2007||602|
|The Drancy deportation camp of Paris, France was used to hold Jews who were later deported to the extermination camps. 65,000 Jews were deported from Drancy, of which 63,000 were murdered including 6,000 children. Only 2,000 remained alive when Allied forces liberated the camp on 17 August 1944.|
Drancy was under the control of the French police until 1943 when administration was ...
|A reconnaissance picture of the concentration camp Dachau near Munich made during WWII.|
In total, over 200,000 prisoners from more than 30 countries were housed in Dachau. Beginning in 1941, Dachau was also used for extermination purposes. Camp records list 30,000 persons killed in the camp, with thousands more who died due to the conditions in the camp. In early 1945, there was ...
|The Cabanatuan American Memorial was erected by the survivors of the Bataan Death March and the prisoner of war camp at Cabanatuan in the Philippines during World War II. It is located at the site of the camp and honors those Americans and Filipinos who died during their internment. The American Battle Monuments Commission, recognizing the significance of this memorial, accepted responsibility...||08/16/2009||437|
|Camp Gurs was an internment and refugee camp constructed by the French government in 1939. The camp was originally set up in southwestern France after the fall of Catalonia at the end of the Spanish Civil War to control those who fled Spain out of fear of retaliation from Francisco Franco's regime. At the start of the World War II, the French government interned Germans and citizens of other Ax...||08/21/2009||269|
|Villa Bouchina was a house of internment (a reservation camp) in the Dutch city of Doetinchem where the Germans held nine Jewish people during World War II, with the intention to protect these 'prisoners'. The interned people had had a certain importance to The Netherlands or Germany before the war, and therefore the Germans helped them to survive for a while.|
But there were also...
|In Pithiviers, in the Loiret department, approximately 50 km south of Paris, was built at the beginning of World War II prisoner of war camp in order to imprison German soldiers. After the French defeat of 1940, it was used by the French Vichy regime as a transit camp (frz: camp de transit de Pithiviers) for French and foreign Jews interned refugees. Here, in May 1941 during the round of the Op...||01/05/2010||314|