|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|The Montauk Lighthouse on Long Island, NY is the fourth oldest active lighthouse in the United States. Commissioned by George Washington and erected in 1796, it stands at the easternmonst extent of New York State.||09/05/2005||598|
|Off the central Queensland coast between Rockhampton and Gladstone lies Curtis Island. The north-eastern end of this large island is Curtis Island National Park.|
A variety of vegetation types grows in the park from heath, grassland, stunted paperbark woodland and open eucalypt forest to extensive patches of dry rainforest.
An historic lighthouse is located at Cape ...
|Richard Branson's private island in the British Virgin Islands.||09/04/2005||768|
|Ushenish Lighthouse on the Island of South Uist was completed in 1857 by David and Thomas Stevenson. It is only 12 meters high.||08/04/2006||461|
|Lighthouse of Teno, on the North West top of the island||10/18/2005||576|
|The Ponta da Barca Lighthouse (Farol da Ponta da Barca) is a beacon/lighthouse located along the 24 meter cliffs of Ponta da Barca, near the hamlet of Bom Jesus, parish of Santa Cruz da Graciosa on the island of the same, the archipelago of the Azores - Portugal.|
The lighthouse includes a symmetrical single-floor building, and a 23 meter high cylindrical tower that extends its lamp to 71...
|Lighthouse on the island of Texel in the Netherlands. Build in 1863.||09/17/2006||571|
|The Lighthouse of Alexandria (or the Pharos of Alexandria, Greek: ὁ Φάρος τῆς Ἀλεξανδρείας) was a tower built in the 3rd century BC (between 285 and 247 BC) on the island of Pharos in Alexandria, Egypt, to serve as that port's landmark, and later, its lighthouse.|
With a hei...
|Point Perpendicular and the lighthouse are one of Jervis Bay's most distinctive and powerful landmarks. In 1995 the Australian Maritime Safety Authority handed over management of the Point Perpendicular Lighthouse to the RAN, enabling the lighthouse and grounds to be managed as part of the Beecroft Weapons Range. The Point Perpendicular Lighthouse, built in 1899,is constructed of pre-cast c...||12/19/2007||724|
|Built in baroque style between 1840 and 1845, the lighthouse was deactivated in 1957. In 1981 and 1982 it was restored to shelter the Jangadeiro Lighthouse Museum.||09/24/2005||495|
|Eilean Glas Lighthouse was one of the first 4 lighthouses built in Scotland. It is on the island of Scalpay in the Western Isles of Scotland. The present tower was erected in 1824 when Robert Stevenson. |
It is Red and White in colour (you can see the banding if you zoom in).
|The Old lighthouse of Borkum was built in 1576 and is 45 meters high.|
When it burned out in 1879, the New Lighthouse was errected in a record-breaking construction time of a half year.