(Portuguese: Teatro Nacional de São Carlos ) is an opera house in Lisbon, Portugal.
It was opened on July 30, 1793 by Queen Maria I as a replacement for the Tejo Opera House, which was destroyed in the 1755 Lisbon earthquake.
The theatre is located in the historical center of Lisbon, in the Chiado district.
The Rossio is the popular name of the Pedro IV Square (Portuguese: Praça de D. Pedro IV) in the city of Lisbon, in Portugal.
It is located in the Pombaline Downtown of Lisbon and has been one of its main squares since the Middle Ages.
It has been the setting of popular revolts and celebrations, bullfights and executions, and is now a preferred meeting place of Lisbon natives and...
Fort São Julião da Barra is located on the corner of São Gião, the right bank of the Tagus River in the town of Oeiras, Lisbon District, Portugal
Considered in the past as the “Shield of the Kingdom”, the largest sea fortress in the country is the largest and most complete military defence complex in Vauban style remaining in Portugal.
He was originally in conjunction wit...
Guimarães Castle (portuguese: Castelo de Guimarães), located in the city of Guimarães, Portugal, was ordered to be built by Dona Mumadona Dias in the 10th century in order to defend its monastery from Muslim and Norman attacks.
Count Dom Henrique (to whom the County of Portugal had been granted) chose Guimarães to establish his court.
The fortress, then over a century old. The no...
(Portuguese: Praça do Comércio ) is located in the city of Lisbon, Portugal.
Situated near the Tagus river, the square is still commonly known as Terreiro do Paço ( "Palace Square"), because it was the location of the Royal Ribeira Palace (Paços da Ribeira) until it was destroyed by the great 1755 Lisbon Earthquake.
After the earthquake, the square was completely remod...
The Castle of the Moors (Portuguese: Castelo dos Mouros) is located in the town of Sintra, Portugal. The castle is located on a high hill overlooking the town, being one of its most important tourist attractions. It is part of the Cultural Landscape of Sintra, recognised as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
As implied by its name, the castle is of Moorish origin, but the current b...
(Portuguese: Estação de Caminhos de Ferro do Rossio) is a railway station in Lisbon, Portugal, located in the Rossio square.
The station was formerly known as Estação Central (Central Station) and that designation still appears in its façade.
The Station was commissioned by the Portuguese Royal Railway Company and was designed between 1886 and 1887 by Portuguese architect...
Google Earth Hacks is not affiliated with Google in any way
"Google" and "Google Earth" are trademarks of Google Inc.