|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|The North Gate (danish: NÝrreport, deutsch: Nordertor).|
Flensburg had several gates to enter the city, today only two remains, this one and the Kompagnie Gate at the harbour. The other were demolished in the 19th. century.
The North Gate was build 1595, on the front side is the coat of arms of the city of Flensburg and the danish King Christian VII.
|The artistically designed labyrinth of pathways and blind alleys extend over 6 acres. Like all maize mazeís the Cairnie Mega Maze will only have a short life before being harvested in October and fed to the cattle. |
|This airstrip is located on the side of Big Creek Canyon, near the confluence of Big Creek and the Middle Fork of the Salmon River. It is a one way in, one way out strip. Approach is from the east and take-off is to the east. The approach is blind until a 1/4 to 1/2 mile final.||08/01/2006||648|
|April 28, 2004 The final curtain falls for Naval Air Station Valkenburg. The Dutch minister of Defence, Henk Kamp, decided to close the airfield and to sell out the Dutch P-3C "Orions", at the first of January 2005 for budgetairy reasons, in spite off a 200 million Euro costing update program(CUP) for these aircraft which they are undergoing right now. This minister was blind and deaf for reas...||09/20/2006||440|
|Montdidier Airfield on July 17, 1944. This was for bomb damage assessment. The airfield looks abandoned. |
FRIDAY, 14 JULY 1944
Mission 473: During the evening 131 B-24s are dispatched to hit airfields in France; 54 hit Montdidier Airfield and 39 hit Peronne Airfield; 9 B-24s are damaged. 40 other B-24s fail to bomb because of failure of blind-bombing equipment. Escort is ...
|The Church of Christ Pantocrator is located on the peninsula of Nesebar, Bulgaria. The church, along with the entire island and all of the historical structures are protected by UNESCO. The structure was erected in the 13th century and is a rare example of a religious structure which has not experienced significant changes through the centuries. Although small in dimensions (16 meters by 6.7 me...||01/17/2009||705|
|Almost swallowed by the undergrowth, this former RAE Canberra (still in its Raspberry Ripple color scheme) is dumped near the Fire Service in the North Western part of the airfield. Previously operated by the Royal Aircraft Establishment / Defence Research Agency at Bedford. |
This Canberra was originally built as a B.2 and was awaiting collection in October 1953. Taken onto the R...
|The Church of St Ioan Aliturgetos in Nesebar, Bulgaria was not consecrated, hence the name - "aliturgetos" is the Greek for "not consecrated". The legend says that one of the builders fell down and got killed. The church canon did not allow a place where a man had been killed, to be used for worship. But according to some records services were held in it. The church was badl...||01/17/2009||456|
|Wilhelmshaven. This was an interesting and important raid by 177 aircraft - 129 Lancasters, 40 Halifaxes and 8 Stirlings. The Pathfinders found that the Wilhelmshaven area was completely covered by cloud and they had to employ their least reliable marking method, skymarking by parachute flares using H2S. The marking was carried out with great accuracy and the Main Force bombing was very effecti...||10/29/2005||891|
|Rouen-Les-Essarts was a 6.542 km (4.065 mile) race track in Grand-Couronne, near Rouen, France.|
From its opening in 1950, Rouen-Les-Essarts was recognized as one of Europe's finest circuits, with modern pits, a wide track, and spectator grandstands. The circuit (which ran on public roads) had a few medium straights, a cobbled hairpin turn (Nouveau Monde) at the southernmost tip, ...