|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|Sutton Hoo is the site of two Anglo-Saxon cemeteries of the 6th and early 7th centuries, one of which contained an undisturbed ship burial including a wealth of artifacts of outstanding art-historical and archaeological significance.|
Sutton Hoo is of a primary importance to early medieval historians because it sheds light on a period of English history which is on the margin betw...
|Chester Cathedral is a Church of England cathedral, mother church for the Diocese of Chester, north-west England. It is built on Anglo-Saxon foundations dating back to 907.
|The Walhalla temple, commissioned by Ludwig I of Bavaria in 1816 and completed in 1842 commemorates great figures from German history ('German' taken in the sense of Germanic, since Gothic, Langobardic, Anglo-Saxon and Swiss German figures are included). It is located near Regensburg at the Danube.||08/03/2005||527|
|The Bewcastle Cross is an Anglo-Saxon high cross located in Cumbria, England. The cross dates from the late 7th or early 8th century and features inscriptions in the runic alphabet. The head of the cross is missing but the remains are 14.5 feet (4.4 meters) high.|
|Alchester is the Anglo-Saxon and modern name for a small town in the Roman province of Britannia. Its name in Latin is unknown. It is located two miles south of Bicester, in the northwest corner of the civil parish of Wendlebury in the English county of Oxfordshire. There is also an adjoining Roman military camp.|
|Grimspound is a late Bronze Age settlement, situated on Dartmoor in Devon, England. It consists of a set of 24 hut circles surrounded by a low stone wall. The name was first recorded by the Reverend Richard Polwhele in 1797 - it was probably derived from the Anglo Saxon god of war, Grim (more commonly known as Woden, or Odin).
In 1894 an archaeological dig was carried out by the Dartmoor ...
|The Anglo-Australian Observatory (AAO) is an optical/near-infrared astronomy observatory with its headquarters in suburban Sydney, Australia. Presently it is jointly funded by the United Kingdom and Australian governments and operates the 3.9 metre Anglo-Australian Telescope (AAT) and 1.2 metre UK Schmidt Telescope (UKST) at Siding Spring Observatory, located near the town of Coonabarabran, Aus...||11/20/2009||367|
|Misthusum was a small village build in the 12th centurz on 8 hills and contained 12 marchfarms. The village was destroyed by the big flood on october 11th. 1634. The worst ever at the danish west coast. It was called "the giant mandrowing".|
44 people drowned including all animals.
Later some of the farms were reconstructed but 1814 the last family left. The only left build...
|Harold Godwinson or Harold II (Old English: Harold Gōdwines sunu; c. 1022 – 14 October 1066) was the last Anglo-Saxon King of England before the Norman Conquest. Harold reigned from 5 January 1066, until his death at the Battle of Hastings on 14 October of that same year, fighting the Norman invaders led by William the Conqueror. Harold is one of only two Kings of England to have died i...||11/28/2009||271|
|Tasmazia is a maze complex and miniature village at Promised Land, north west Tasmania. Promised Land is a small village fifteen minutes drive south west of Sheffield (15 kilometres/nine miles) and 40 minutes south west of Devonport (40 kilometres/25 miles).|
Now there're eight mazes in Tasmazia, the baloon mark here is one of them.
| Last week, was the 50th anniversary of the tragedy, in the little Spanish village of Ribadelago.|
During the night of the 9th of January, 1959, the Dam "Vega de tera" suddenly broke due a deficiency structure. The 8 millions m3 of water of the artificial lake flood the village of Ribadelago, province of Zamora, Spain. Main part of the village was destroyed in less than one hour, and 144...
|Eddisbury hill fort, also known as Castle Ditch, is an Iron Age hill fort near Delamere, Cheshire, in northern England. Hill forts are fortified hill-top settlements constructed across Britain during the Iron Age. Eddisbury is the largest and most complex of the seven hill forts in the county of Cheshire. It was constructed before 200–100 BC and expanded in 1–50 AD. In the 1st century AD, the R...||11/09/2007||713|