|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|The national war cemetery of Sigolsheim contains the burials of 1.494 French soldiers who fell during the battle of the Colmar Pocket (20 January 1945 - 9 February 1945).||08/18/2009||197|
|Fort Flagler was built along with Fort Casey and Fort Worden to form a "triangle of fire" to protect the entrance to Puget Sound at Admiralty Inlet, and gun batteries in each of these forts face Puget Sound. Situated on the western side of Puget Sound, Fort Flagler's batteries face eastward. In addition to the gun emplacements, the fort has historical barracks and officers' quarters, ...||04/09/2007||799|
|This German war cemetery is the cemetery of POW-camp 242. There are more than 700 graves from the Second World War. The war cemetery is located on Gorlovka city cemetery.|
|Hoover Field was the first airport for Washington, D.C. which opened in 1926. It was located in Arlington, Virginia, near the intersection of the 14th Street Bridge and the George Washington Parkway where the Pentagon now stands. In 1930 Hoover Field was sold and then merged with the nearby Washington Airport to form Washington-Hoover Airport. Washington Hoover Airport closed in 1941 when Washi...||05/04/2007||1,015|
|This German war cemetery forms a part of Kharkov cemetery. The war cemetery is set up for bringing German war graves of this region together. At the end of 2008, there were 38,927 graves on this war cemetery. At the end there will be about 40,000 graves.|
|This German war cemetery, next to Jöhvi Communal Cemetery, contains about 3,000 graves of soldiers who were killed at the Narwa-front in summer 1944.|
|Sofia War Cemetery contains the graves of Commonwealth servicemen who died as prisoners of war or with the occupying forces following the Bulgarian capitulation in September 1918. |
The original cemetery contained 62 war burials, most of which were brought in from Dubnitza Cemetery, Radomir Cemetery and Military Cemetery, and Sofia Town Cemetery. Further graves were brought in fro...
|Arlington House - The Robert E. Lee Memorial|
Overlooking Washington, D.C. and the Potomac River, the Arlington House is preserved as a memorial to Robert E. Lee, who spent 30 years of his life there.
|This war cemetery is the largest war cemetery in the Baltic countries. It is used to bring German war graves from the Kurland-region together. There are now more than 20,000 graves on the cemetery, and there is in total room for 30,000 graves.|
|West Norwood Cemetery is a cemetery in West Norwood, Lambeth, London. Originally called the "South Metropolitan Cemetery", it was opened in 1837 as the cemeteries of Southwark and Lambeth began to fill up. Architect William Tite was a director of the cemetery company and designed the site's landscaping.|
The cemetery contains 65 Grade II and Grade II* listed monuments.
|Tombstone's famous "Boothill Graveyard" was originally plotted in 1878 and was first named "The Tombstone Cemetery". It was used as the city's main cemetery until the current cemetery, "Tombstone Cemetery" at the end of Allen Street was opened up in 1884. Afterwards, additional burials would be added from time to time.||02/26/2007||567|
|The marine cemetery: vis-a-vis the bouches of Bonifacio, located on a small plate called u Boscu, this cemetery of white tombs directed vis-a-vis the sun...and Sardinia||12/12/2005||431|