|Rating||Date Added||Downloads|| |
|A field in Texas shaped like Texas...||01/03/2009||364|
|Texas Longhorns written on the pitch at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium||01/09/2008||488|
|The South Texas Project was the first nuclear power plant in Texas, beginning operation in 1988. In 1996, the two South Texas units were two of the top 20 electricity-generating nuclear units worldwide.|
|Taller than the US Capitol, the Texas State Capitol and Capitol Grounds are one of the most popular tourist attractions in the capital of Texas and a favorite spot for the locals as well. ||09/19/2005||632|
|The acropolis is in fact an unfinished monument - originally called the "National Monument". Initiated in 1816, a year after Napoleon's defeat at Waterloo, it was meant to be a replica of the Parthenon in Athens, as a memorial to those who had died in the Napoleonic Wars.|
|a 1963 Swiss built tram connecting Palm Springs at Chino Canyon and Mount San Jacinto|
|The Texas Star is the largest ferris wheel in North America. It is approximately 212 feet high. The structure has 44 gondolas that hold 264 riders. The ferris wheel is located at Fair Park in Dallas, Texas.||09/06/2007||896|
|Built to commemorate the life of the novelist, Sir Walter Scott the monument was finished on 15th August 1846.|
The Scott Monument is 200 ft. 6in high and 55ft. square at the base; the highest gallery is reached by climbing a total of 287 steps.
It has been described as a Gothic Rocket, you can get an impression of this from the shadow.
|This monument is called "makam echahid" which means the place where the martyre rests. It's a monument in memory of all the martyrs who died during the independence war agaisnt the french colonization.||10/19/2006||1,010|
|On the hills above Paarl lies the Afrikaans Language Monument, erected in 1975. It is (apparently) the only monument in the world dedicated to a language.||09/14/2005||429|
|Fondly known as Hermann the German, the Hermann Monument in New Ulm dominates the Minnesota River Valley skyline. Inspired by a similar monument near Detmold, Germany, this colossal figure served as an important symbol for members of Sons of Hermann, a fraternal organization of German Americans. In 1885 the 362 Sons of Hermann lodges across the country committed themselves to the construction o...||01/26/2007||625|
|Monument erected in 1825 to Comte de Jean Francois de Galaup de Laperouse. No news was heard of Laperouse after he left here on 10 March 1788. He had set up a camp on the beach just to the north of this monument (now called Frenchmans Bay). The grave of Father Le Receveur, who was wounded in Samoa, is at the other end of the path. The area is now the suburb of La Perouse, Sydney.||08/23/2005||334|