A little away from Golconda fort are a cluster of tombs, the most authentic evidence of the Qutub Shahi architectural traditions. Ensconced amidst picturesque and landscaped gardens, known as Ibrahim bagh, is the grandeur of these tombs dedicated to the memory of the seven Qutub Shahi kings who ruled Golconda for nearly 170 years.
Construction of this mosque started in 1614 by Abdullah Quli Qutub Shah, but was completed by Aurangazeb when he annexed Golconda in late 17th Century. The Tombs of Asaf Jahi rulers, the Nizams of Hyderabad, are in a roof enclosure to the left of the court yard of the mosque.
Charminar is one of the most important landmarks of Hyderabad. Built by Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah in 1591, the Charminar is a square monument, with each side measuring 20 meters. Minarets at each corner measures 48.7 meters in height.
The current Fort Moltrie is the third fort at this location. It is a brick fort built in 1809. It was modernized in the 1870s, with rifled cannon and concrete bunkers. Additional modernization in the 1880s turned all of Sullivan's Island into a military complex, of which the old fort was just a part.
Fort Barrancas (1839) or Fort San Carlos de Barrancas (from 1787) is the name of a historic United States military fort in the Warrington area of Pensacola, Florida.
The hill-top fort, connected to a sea-level water battery, overlooks Pensacola Bay, from what is now Naval Air Station Pensacola. Because the hill-top fort was rebuilt of brick, becoming Fort Barrancas, the older, w...
Fort McHenry, the star fort that protected Baltimore in the War of 1812. Francis Scott Key, while watching the bombardment of this fort from a British ship, wrote the "Star Spangled Banner" about the flag flying at this fort.
Fort Stanwix was a colonial fort erected in 1758 by British General John Stanwix, at the location of present-day Rome, New York. The fort guarded a portage known as the Oneida Carrying Place during the French and Indian War. A reconstructed fort has been built at the site by the National Park Service, and the Fort Stanwix National Monument lies in the center of the modern city.
Fan Lau Fort can be dated to 1729. Rectangular in shape, the fort measures 21m by 46m and its walls are built of semi-dressed stone and green bricks. The fort was probably abandoned around 1898 after the lease of the New Territories to Britain.
Google Earth Hacks is not affiliated with Google in any way
"Google" and "Google Earth" are trademarks of Google Inc.