PDA

View Full Version : bug. armies not dead after nuke

Bastian
08-15-2005, 02:54 PM
my city of delhi was nuked by rasqual and 10 armies were killed. the city now belongs to rasqual, but the armies are on the armies page still shown, that they are in delhi.

and i dont know if you already did, but could you modify the nukes, so they dont kill 10 armies, but 1000 soldiers. because now that the army size is variable it would be unfair if one nuke could kill 10 armies with 10.000 soldiers

rasqual
08-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey, don't apologize for bad English (and anyway, it's not bad). I've heard far worse from Englanders. ;-)

Mickey
08-15-2005, 05:57 PM
my city of delhi was nuked by rasqual and 10 armies were killed. the city now belongs to rasqual, but the armies are on the armies page still shown, that they are in delhi.
Yuck. Sorry about that. Looking at the code, I think it did remove 10 of your armies - just not necessarily from that city. :) That's what happens when you write code at 2 in the morning. To clean up the extra cities, take the city back by force and those troops should be waiting for you. Let me know if this bug reappears or if that doesn't clean up your extra troops.

and i dont know if you already did, but could you modify the nukes, so they dont kill 10 armies, but 1000 soldiers. because now that the army size is variable it would be unfair if one nuke could kill 10 armies with 10.000 soldiers
I've considered that. However, leaving it as it creates a different strategy.

Right now, when a city is attacked, it's smallest army is attacked first. Same goes for a nuke. When a city is nuked, it's 10 smallest armies are killed.

This would encourage people to keep a bunch of small armies in their important cities, but those armies will also be likely to get wiped out by a few full-size (or over-size) armies. It makes planning rather interesting...

Bastian
08-15-2005, 06:00 PM
yeah it did also remove an army in my pool with 2000 soldiers :(

rasqual
08-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Hey Mickey, be sure to post all the "business logic" of the game in one place. Not the forum! Heck, a text file would be fine. Maybe a link off the player's main home page?

You might not want to divulge all the logic of the game, but what you DO divulge (such as the attacking logic above) should be presented in a FAQ whose principal purpose is providing a briefing on this kind of thing.

Keep up the good work.

Bastian
08-15-2005, 06:19 PM
now TeAtEam attacked my home base and killed 1 army. but this army was in beijing! is that normal?

rasqual
08-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Home base? We have home bases already? Aaack! I can't keep up!

It's Mickey's revenge on us for all of our demanding new features, doggonit!

Hoist on our own petard, our just deserts!

;-D

Mickey
08-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Hey Mickey, be sure to post all the "business logic" of the game in one place. Not the forum! Heck, a text file would be fine. Maybe a link off the player's main home page?

You might not want to divulge all the logic of the game, but what you DO divulge (such as the attacking logic above) should be presented in a FAQ whose principal purpose is providing a briefing on this kind of thing.

Keep up the good work.

Good idea. I have the FAQ linked in the left hand menu in the game, but I haven't been keeping up with it very well. Time to go update...

Mickey
08-15-2005, 06:26 PM
now TeAtEam attacked my home base and killed 1 army. but this army was in beijing! is that normal?

Quit causing problems! :) No, that's not normal. I'll check it out. The home base stuff is likely a bit buggy still.

Mickey
08-15-2005, 06:32 PM

See if you can find a way to duplicate this error, as I can't make it happen. I partly wonder if they used it while it was 90% built and the problem is fixed now. Let me know if you can make it mess up again.