PDA

View Full Version : Some Suggestions

patrickf
08-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Hi

On top of all the other threads this is another one full of suggestions so i'll just say again what a great and potentially mammoth game u have started!Long may it continue to develop. :grin:

Right now the nicities are outta the way a couple of points!

1. It'd be class to be able to either train soldiers or buy different types of soldiers, e.g. marines etc, or for example tanks etc. which would enable cities to much more difficult to take over. Obviously these would cost more but it would take proportinately more weaker soldiers to defeat them. Also could experience be training so the longer a group survives the better they become?

2. It'd also be nice to kinda have plans when invading/defending i.e. call on your troops to abandon if they have suffered certain losses rather than commit total suicide!!

3. Also could your home base be used in some way to collect other jewels? not quite sure how but it'd be nice for them to be useful than laze about!!!

Thanks, i'll stop here before i waffle on 2 much

thanks

Mickey
08-15-2005, 08:03 PM
1. It'd be class to be able to either train soldiers or buy different types of soldiers, e.g. marines etc, or for example tanks etc. which would enable cities to much more difficult to take over. Obviously these would cost more but it would take proportinately more weaker soldiers to defeat them. Also could experience be training so the longer a group survives the better they become?
We've discussed some ideas like this, but haven't gotten too far yet. It's on the famous to-do list.

2. It'd also be nice to kinda have plans when invading/defending i.e. call on your troops to abandon if they have suffered certain losses rather than commit total suicide!!
Interesting idea. I'll have to think about this one a bit.

3. Also could your home base be used in some way to collect other jewels? not quite sure how but it'd be nice for them to be useful than laze about!!!
We're working on some ideas related to this, in regards to oil production and that kind of thing. Again, nothing concrete yet, but it's coming.

daniel hill
08-15-2005, 08:36 PM
my suggestions are:

how about earning more than 1 jewel in certain city's

earn 1 jewel every 10 minutes for holding a city?

three were more but i forgot keep up the good work ayway

rasqual
08-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Earning jewels for cities presumes the tax base is productive of revenue, implying sufficient employment and explotation of genuine wealth. It'll be hell if the game devs implement more arbitrary methods that are floating in thin air instead of being anchored in a more rigorous model of reality.

I can't emphasize it enough -- leverage existing layers where they exist (I've cited two you could use as stop-gap while you wait for more), and anticipate that more data layers will come that you can make use of when the times come. 'Cause they will. Nothing could be more certain.