PDA

View Full Version : Shops

SpiderX22
02-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Is there only the Atlanta shop at the moment? Or am I not looking hard enough??

Mickey
02-24-2008, 06:43 PM
In general, I'm thinking of keeping the shops rather secret and let users find and share their locations in the forum. However, I'll spill a bit:

- Every zone has one city, which is visible on the map. Each zone also has one shop.
- The shop is never in the main city, but in a nearby city -- usually one of the largest cities in the nearby area.
- For your first level 2 shop, head a bit west from Denver to Salt Lake City. You should find your shop in the southern part of that city.

Do you like the idea of semi-hiding them, or should I just reveal all of their locations?

SpiderX22
02-24-2008, 11:19 PM
I do like the idea, but telling people that the shops aren't in the main city would alleviate some people's frustration.

Mickey
02-25-2008, 01:13 AM
I do like the idea, but telling people that the shops aren't in the main city would alleviate some people's frustration.
There's a good technique for finding them, which would quickly reveal that they're not in the city.

If there are no shops in view and you expand the (Browse)-->(Explore the world)-->(shops) section, you'll have one of two messages:
1 -- "Please zoom in"
2 -- "No shops found"

Zoom out until you get the "please zoom in" message, then zoom back in just a tad. This will be the maximum distance you can be zoomed out and still find the shops. It's a sizeable area, a little bigger than the state of Connecticut. Once you've found that distance, you can search a lot of area pretty quickly.

SpiderX22
02-25-2008, 03:37 AM
That helps ALOT. =P

By the way, your Tripoli shop is too close to the city center..

Mickey
02-25-2008, 04:19 AM
That helps ALOT. =P

By the way, your Tripoli shop is too close to the city center..

That's because it's a water zone, and I wanted to put the shop on land. The rest of the zone is out in the sea.

SpiderX22
02-25-2008, 11:54 AM
How about this land?