PDA

View Full Version : Armies have more individual control

Mickey
08-15-2005, 02:20 AM
You can now name and view armies individually. We hope to add more features to encourage you to have fewer (but stronger) armies.

To that end, you can now purchase additional "troops" for each army, making it a stronger unit. By default, each army has 100 troops. When you are attacked, you will typically lose some troops. If all of the troops in an army are killed, the army is erased.

Additional troops cost less than extra armies. As of right now, an army costs 20 jewels. However, to get 100 extra troops in an existing army only costs 15 jewels. Two 100-troops armies are the same (in most regards) as one 200-troop army. However, two 100-troop armies will cost 40 jewels ($20 each), where a single 200-troop army will only cost 35 jewels ($20 for the army, $15 for the upgrade).

Finally, while opponents can see how many armies you have, they have no way of knowing how powerful the individual armies are. Use that to your advantage.

birq
08-18-2005, 01:04 AM
I saw earlier today in the "buy more troops" dropdown that there were choices higher than 100 troops - specifically, 250 troops. Were you just trying that out? I haven't seen it since that one time.

Mickey
08-18-2005, 03:44 AM
I saw earlier today in the "buy more troops" dropdown that there were choices higher than 100 troops - specifically, 250 troops. Were you just trying that out? I haven't seen it since that one time.
It only shows up if you have enough money to purchase it. I'll probably throw 500 troops and 1000 troops options in there soon.