PDA

View Full Version : You now have home bases

Mickey
08-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Home Bases!

There are now official "home bases" that you can establish. I see that many of you have already created yours, but if not you can go here (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/war/homebase.php) to set yours up.

After you set it up, it will appear on the map with the other bases and cities. Even if you choose not to set it up, people can still attack it using the web interface, so you can't hide! :)

As of right now, location doesn't matter, although I've put some guidelines in there (don't put it in the ocean, etc). Eventually, the location of the home base will enable you to move armies to/from cities more quickly, but will also leave you more open to attacks.

viVaPaLeStIne
08-17-2005, 06:47 AM
bt u cant attack the bases if it doesnt have any army in it and im not sure that u can accupide it

Mickey
08-17-2005, 11:54 AM
bt u cant attack the bases if it doesnt have any army in it and im not sure that u can accupide it

Correct on both counts. You can never completely destroy a base, nor can you occupy it. I always want people to have a way to pick up the pieces and keep playing, so this way they'll at least have a base to start with if they get completely destroyed. :)

cheakerdoodels
08-17-2005, 10:51 PM
I thought that if your base gets attacked you should get a home team advantage. Because your army would know the area. This would also help newcomers from being wiped out instantly. I don't know how much of an advantage they should get but just so they have the upperhand.

hypeserver
08-17-2005, 11:52 PM
hey I still got to set mine up lol