PDA

View Full Version : Lots of nuke changes

Mickey
08-17-2005, 03:28 AM
The nuclear bomb system has changed dramatically. Here are the changes:

- Nukes now take out ALL of the armies in a city, regardless of how many are there.
- To compensate for this increase in power, nukes now cost 150 Geos.
- To help you protect your important cities from one-hit nuclear destruction, you can purchase a "nuke shield" for 250 Geos. This nuke shield will prevent anyone from nuking that city. Be warned though - if you lose the city through normal attacks, the new owner gets the nuke shield!
- After a city has been nuked, there is a one hour period where it will remain unoccupied, due to the nuclear radiation in the city. After the hour is up, the first person to claim the city gets it!

I may tweak the prices a bit, but that's pretty close. Also, I might make the nuke shields expire after a set amount of time - maybe 30 days or something. We'll see.

Thoughts?

Mickey
08-17-2005, 04:37 AM
I'm already beginning to think that the waiting period might need to be pushed out to 24 hours. What do you think?

Volli82
08-17-2005, 04:52 AM
24 is better, makes the hole thing more interesting ;)

3lumi
08-17-2005, 09:32 PM
That`s what i posted.

On the other hand its tricky to handle when rasqual nukes your cities only for staying on top position in the ranking, ( stupid action itself) not for occupiing the city after nuking it. So i had to plan my armies withdraw, strength etc for a longer period and had even more enemies than after one hour.

Mickey
08-18-2005, 12:57 PM
The contamination period has been extended to 24 hours.

razzam21
08-18-2005, 03:16 PM
I feel that you need to make your contamination time be something random from between something like 18 hours to 30 hours. Or something like that. The reason that I say this is that some people can only check their status a couple of times a day. Lets say before they go to work and before they go to bed. The hours would give them a better chance of getting the city that they nuked. By making it random then it has the potential to shift the time from 6 hours either way giving other users the opportunity to gain access to cities.

But that is just my two cents.

Mickey
08-18-2005, 07:42 PM
I feel that you need to make your contamination time be something random from between something like 18 hours to 30 hours. Or something like that. The reason that I say this is that some people can only check their status a couple of times a day. Lets say before they go to work and before they go to bed. The hours would give them a better chance of getting the city that they nuked. By making it random then it has the potential to shift the time from 6 hours either way giving other users the opportunity to gain access to cities.

Ahh, neat idea. Done!

Bastian
08-19-2005, 09:14 PM
the nuke shield should be destroyed, so that the new owner has to buy it new. because soon every city will have a nuke shield and so nukes are useless. and the nuke shield shouldnt be shown on the city page, so that there is some risk in using nukes

gumby
08-19-2005, 10:15 PM
can you attack peoples bases with nukes?

Mickey
08-19-2005, 10:29 PM
the nuke shield should be destroyed, so that the new owner has to buy it new. because soon every city will have a nuke shield and so nukes are useless. and the nuke shield shouldnt be shown on the city page, so that there is some risk in using nukes

I have two lines of thought on nuke shield destruction - either number of hits, or number of days. I'm already tracking how old each nuke shield is, so it'd be easy enough to have to become useless after xx days, so I might do that.

Beezer
08-20-2005, 02:10 AM
I have two lines of thought on nuke shield destruction - either number of hits, or number of days. I'm already tracking how old each nuke shield is, so it'd be easy enough to have to become useless after xx days, so I might do that.

I would suggest that the nuke shield only be good for blocking 1 nuke.

birq
08-20-2005, 03:07 AM
The more I think about it, the more problems I have with Nukes in general. I guess I'd have less of an issue if nukes were called "air strikes" and nuke shields were called "anti-aircraft batteries". I mean, I like that you have implemented the random waiting period (not that radioactivity would really stop a force from occupying a city), and I get their strategic value, but it just seems like a really "final" solution, given what nuclear weapons represent in the real world.

Maybe it's the latent hippie in me or maybe it's my inability to grok the concept of "nuke shield", but it seems like there should be a better way of implementing a method of mass destruction.