View Full Version : Iraq Quadrant

07-15-2005, 02:13 AM

Does anybody know what THIS might be? Found it while surfing in Iraq.

IraqQuadrant.kmz (http://www.dazzlog.de/serendipity/uploads/google/IraqQuadrant.kmz)

07-15-2005, 05:25 AM
Looks to me like pits with false bottoms painted to look like desert or water. See the one with the sections missing from it's lower left area? Looks, up close, like it might be sections of the false bottom that either were damaged or not completed. Also, see what look like small buildings in the dividing lines? Look like AC units to me.
Disclaimer: I am not, nor have I ever have been, an official military photo interperter. All opinions expressed are soley mine alone. Having said all that, you don't spend 10 years in the Marines without picking up a few little tricks here and there...

07-15-2005, 02:28 PM
It is possibly sewage treatment lagoons.

07-15-2005, 06:09 PM
Very interesting! It looks like liquid to me. I'm thinking along the lines of sewage treatment lagoons, too. Directly to the south east looks like a residential area, though. I also notice what looks like a major roadway passing by.

08-02-2005, 02:08 PM
could be oilfields...

08-02-2005, 04:04 PM
the damaged green one has some crazy lines. looks artifical

08-02-2005, 08:45 PM
but yet EVERY SINGLE one of those small units in the "neighborhoods" is exactly identically the same?

08-04-2005, 09:57 PM
could be possible.
in my oppinion it is an military faculty and the squares are real. (watch the roads around them)
but i have no f...in idea what it could be.
nice found

08-05-2005, 06:33 PM
i dont know the english word but it is propably the place where all the **** goes to... in germany we say "klaerwerk" it may be that in iraq the **** comes only into such quarters

Flying High
01-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Looks like a water resoviour to me... and the one on the left is half concreted... look closely at the bottom one... you will see a stream or river running into it, and appearing to go underneath it... then the stream re emerges on the top right side... ? any views on that ?

Captain Hornblower
01-27-2006, 01:46 PM
... in germany we say "klaerwerk" ...
In English sewage works...