PDA

View Full Version : Street View city update

sladys
05-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Manhattan, NYC has been updated. New is faces of the people have been blurred.

sladys
06-10-2008, 07:47 PM
37 new areas:

MA: Springfield
NY: Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse
NJ: Newark
VA: Virginia Beach
NC: Charlotte, Winston-Salem
SC: Columbia, Greenville
GA: Atlanta
FL: Boca Raton, Cape Coral, Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Sarasota, West Palm Beach
AL: Huntsville
MS: Jackson
TN: Knoxville
KY: Lexington, Louisville
OH: Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Toledo
MI: Ann Arbor
MO: St. Louis
KS: Topeka
NE: Lincoln
OK: Oklahoma City, Tulsa
NV: Reno
CA: Bakersfield, Fresno, Sacramento, Stockton

10 new parks and recreational areas:

Everglades National Park (Florida)
Florida Keys
Grand Teton National Park (Wyoming)
Yellowstone National Park (Wyoming/Montana)
Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado)
Joshua Tree National Park (California)
Death Valley National Park (California)
Lassen Volcanic National Park (California)
Sequoia National Park (California)
Lake Tahoe (California/Nevada)

Expanded coverage in 15 existing areas:

Boise ID
Boston MA
Kansas City MO
Miami FL
Nashville TN
New York City NY
Orlando FL
Philadelphia PA
Phoenix AZ
Portland OR
Richmond VA
San Diego CA
San Francisco CA
Tampa FL
Tucson AZ

http://www.digitalearthblog.com/

SpiderX22
06-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Thats really cool, but a major pain in the buttocks. Why? Because I've been going through all the files in the USA on this website and finding StreetViews for them, and had to skip the ones that weren't covered. Now I get to go back and start over....woot!

But the updates still pretty awesome, minus the fact that it still misses my house by a single road..

Munden
06-11-2008, 12:46 AM
I'll point out that some of the imagery is incredibly recent. One friend in the general area of San Francisco says that their house picture is no more than a month old. She is certain because a shopping cart that someone left in the street one day is visible on their sidewalk.

Also, in NYC the Intrepid is now gone and people are out in short sleeves so it must be Spring of this year.

Munden
06-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Also, was the imagery in Las Vegas updated? It's night images now, but I could've sworn they were daytime previously. I could be wrong though.

Mickey
06-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Our church in the northwest Atlanta metro area was shot right around December 23rd, 2007. Details in our church blog:

http://www.mtbethel.org/blog/2008/06/10/check-us-out-in-google-maps-streetview/

They missed my house by about 1/2 mile...

Munden
06-11-2008, 01:40 AM
They're nowhere near anywhere I currently live. One apartment I shared with friends for a month or two is visible, but eh. :) One day they'll get back to the DC metro area.

Munden
06-11-2008, 02:45 AM
I found an image removal area. I was working on placemarks for the aircraft at the Pima Air and Space Museum not long ago and glanced at the Street View images of the museum at that time. They were a bit over-exposed but decent anyway.

All of those images from the section of the road bordering the museum are gone now. It's a very distinct gap. Some of the images in the area of AMARC and Davis-Monthan are still there, but there are also some new, large gaps in the images where you can probably see onto the base in some way.

SpiderX22
06-11-2008, 02:54 AM
Also, was the imagery in Las Vegas updated? It's night images now, but I could've sworn they were daytime previously. I could be wrong though.

Yep. Luxor used to be day, is now night.

Shahzadqayyum
01-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Hi Mickey!

I just wanted to inform you that there are many places which have not been updated yet.

Is this possible to to update Street View city, if user inform you?

How?

It will be really helpful...;)

Shahzadqayyum

Munden
01-15-2011, 07:09 AM
Hi Mickey!

I just wanted to inform you that there are many places which have not been updated yet.

Is this possible to to update Street View city, if user inform you?

How?

It will be really helpful...;)

Shahzadqayyum

Please read the information about this website. This site is not affiliated with Google and we do not update anything inside of Google Earth/Maps/Street View images. As for asking Google in their community forums, feel free to do so. However, Google updates to their own schedule and they don't take requests for imagery updates.