PDA

View Full Version : Bank

birq
08-17-2005, 09:08 PM
I just noticed that the Convert Resources page says "You currently have X Geos in the bank." Shouldn't we be earning Prime on that? :)

Seriously, though, have you considered interest, loans from the IMF, etc?

Mickey
08-17-2005, 09:13 PM
I just noticed that the Convert Resources page says "You currently have X Geos in the bank." Shouldn't we be earning Prime on that? :)
Actually, yes, you probably should. That might come down the road. I think that will likely happen around the same time that upkeep costs on armies and/or cities kick in.

Seriously, though, have you considered interest, loans from the IMF, etc?
Nope, but that's a neat idea. I also thought of maybe allowing people to purchase oil for the sole purpose of trying to sell it back later when the rate is higher. That'll take some work so it doesn't get manipulated, but it might be kinda neat.

rasqual
08-18-2005, 04:22 AM
Some good stuff, here. It occurs to me that financeers might arise naturally as people form alliances, gain wealth, and trade.

The IMF is an interesting idea -- alliances that impose conditions on loans. Geez, lotsa possibilities.

I wonder if having some kind of secure escrow available might not be a bad idea?

I'm still looking forward to seeing expenses for keeping these standing armies. Home base armies would be cheaper to sustain than those deployed in occupations, of course.

At some point, the introduction of civilian populations as objects with powers will be necessary. Taxes, insurgencies, etc.