PDA

View Full Version : Resources

His Lord Uberdude
08-18-2005, 02:41 AM
I think we need waaaaaaaaaaaay more ways of earning natural resources. Food, diamonds, metals. And a bit more in-depth.
Places like South Africa should have special bonuses for diamonds.
The Midwest should have food production benefits.
The Middle East should have bonuses on oil.
North America could have lumber bonuses.
Anything else you can come up with!

You could also make it so that each has different values, BUT a given resources value agains the geo changes with it's supply. So, the more people that are raising crops, the less they're worth. etc.

And when this gets farther along, you should look into adding the later stages of production, such as refineries, grain elevators, and so on.

Mickey
08-18-2005, 04:07 AM
I think we need waaaaaaaaaaaay more ways of earning natural resources. Food, diamonds, metals. And a bit more in-depth.
Places like South Africa should have special bonuses for diamonds.
The Midwest should have food production benefits.
The Middle East should have bonuses on oil.
North America could have lumber bonuses.
Anything else you can come up with!
Agreed. Now that the oil system is in place, it wil be a good bit easier for me to create other gatherable resources.

You could also make it so that each has different values, BUT a given resources value agains the geo changes with it's supply. So, the more people that are raising crops, the less they're worth. etc.
Exactly my plan, just how the oil is handled now.

And when this gets farther along, you should look into adding the later stages of production, such as refineries, grain elevators, and so on.
Good idea. I agree that this will be "farther along", but it'll happen some day.