PDA

View Full Version : Where are google earth cameras for Canada

ttodd
08-20-2008, 09:59 PM
I see that only selected cities in the USA have the 'on street' cameras and Seattle doesn't have any at all !!.. AND Australia seems to have more than the United States. Alas None in Canada.. Will this change or has the civil libertarians stopped Google Earth in its tracks??

Munden
08-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Give them some time to get their Street View cars together and on the road. They've been sighted across the UK and Germany and those aren't visible yet. You can be certain that there are plenty of images coming in the near future in a lot of areas of the world.

sladys
08-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Not long ago it was in the german broadcaster RTL News. The StreetView car drove around Frankfurt/Main.

In Germany and other european countries it's all a matter of data protection and the worries of people being shown on the Internet without permission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWCM_0NvGoA

frank.halliwell
08-29-2008, 06:46 AM
I see that only selected cities in the USA have the 'on street' cameras and Seattle doesn't have any at all !!.. AND Australia seems to have more than the United States. Alas None in Canada.. Will this change or has the civil libertarians stopped Google Earth in its tracks??

.....Google have bitten off a good size mouthful with the Earth mapping project and are to be congratulated for doing it for free!

...As a transplanted canadian, I too want to see canada included in the big picture! It's a big job! I think patience will be required!

....But I get off track! ...I wonder what happened to all the shark attack information that used to be around Australia's shark infested shores? It was one of my major interests! Chamber of Commerce has banned it perhaps?