PDA

View Full Version : Cost of billeting troops

rasqual
08-18-2005, 01:49 PM
It should cost a certain number of geos a day to maintain and billet troops. I know I've said this before, but it merits repeating because I'm finding it somewhat obscene that my vast armies are allowed to sit around in my home base without costing me anything. Can you imagine?

The COST of military operations should be among the highest costs in the game. That fits reality, for one thing, but it will also encourage diplomacy as a means of resolving disputes between nations (which we don't really have quite yet). And diplomacy is what could make this game all the more interesting.

I urge this! Peacetime armies are expensive, but warfare is even moreso. Something like that. Just MOVING them is expensive. Say, that's one thing. If you're not quite to the place where we'll see armies creeping across continents -- that is, if they're going to be "dropping in from space" for a while -- you could attach a cost to the distance they travel to reach a city they attack. That would make world powers more regional, if the cost were high enough.

Anything to promote stabilities and slow the pace of the space race, I say!

;-)