PDA

View Full Version : Another suggestion

Beezer
08-18-2005, 01:58 PM
On the "Main GE War Page" for each user, would it be possible to ad a column for total number of troops in each city?? It would just be a nice feature to see at a glance the total number of troops I have commited to a city.

araT
08-18-2005, 02:03 PM
You *can* see that info on the occupied cities page and on "Your Armies (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/war/yourarmies.php)" page :)

T.

Beezer
08-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Right. But that shows how many troops I have in each army and in which cities they are in. In order for me to figure out how many troops I have in each city, I'd have to add up all the troops in each army, in each city. The more cities, armies, and troops you acquire, the more time consuming that becomes. I'd just like a snapshot on my main GE War page that tells me, by city, how many troops I have.

Basically, I'm lazy and don't want to do the math. ;)

birq
08-18-2005, 03:41 PM
In that general vein, I think a dashboard in the header, footer or sidebar would be a nice feature. It could show total Geos, unconverted resources (oil, jewels, whatever), # cities, # armies in home base, # of active oil wells -- a bunch of stuff that's already on the "main" page now, but it would go with you on every page.

rasqual
08-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Also, more space between links! I'm on a high-res screen, and the links on the left of the playing pages are darned close together. Mickey's otherwise salutary use of stylesheets prevents convenient resizing on the client-side (at least, for this IE user).

Hey, the game's maturing when people start wanting the UI better to avail themselves of features. ;-)

Mickey
08-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Right. But that shows how many troops I have in each army and in which cities they are in. In order for me to figure out how many troops I have in each city, I'd have to add up all the troops in each army, in each city. The more cities, armies, and troops you acquire, the more time consuming that becomes. I'd just like a snapshot on my main GE War page that tells me, by city, how many troops I have.
Done.

Basically, I'm lazy...
Yes, you are. :)

In that general vein, I think a dashboard in the header, footer or sidebar would be a nice feature. It could show total Geos, unconverted resources (oil, jewels, whatever), # cities, # armies in home base, # of active oil wells -- a bunch of stuff that's already on the "main" page now, but it would go with you on every page.
I've been planning on doing that for quite a while, but all these other feature requests keep getting in the way...

Mickey
08-18-2005, 09:34 PM
Done now. What do you think?

Also, more space between links! I'm on a high-res screen, and the links on the left of the playing pages are darned close together. Mickey's otherwise salutary use of stylesheets prevents convenient resizing on the client-side (at least, for this IE user).
I'll try to tweak the stylesheets a bit when I get a chance.

birq
08-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Done now. What do you think?

Yes! Bravo!

Of course there will be lots of suggestions for additions/changes, but it's a great start.

Okay, now here come the suggestions :):

# of armies links to the Armies page
# of jewels and oil wells links to the Convert Resources page
# of cities owned links to the Cities page
# of Geos links to the store
Add # of oil wells (links to Oil Wells page)

Thanks again for all the hard work you're putting into this.

Mickey
08-19-2005, 02:34 AM
Okay, now here come the suggestions :):

# of armies links to the Armies page
# of jewels and oil wells links to the Convert Resources page
# of cities owned links to the Cities page
# of Geos links to the store
Add # of oil wells (links to Oil Wells page)

All done except for the "cities" suggestion. What cities page are you suggesting I link to? All of your cities are listed right there in the column, and each of those links to their own page...

birq
08-19-2005, 02:38 AM
What cities page are you suggesting I link to? All of your cities are listed right there in the column, and each of those links to their own page...

You're right. Scratch that. I'll lay off the hallucinogens while I'm making UI suggestions from now on.

BTW, you're impressively quick on the changes. I can't share this game with any of the people I work with because you totally blow the curve for all of us other developers. :)

araT
08-19-2005, 02:41 AM
..I'll lay off the hallucinogens while I'm making UI suggestions from now on...
Don't lay off them, just bring enough to share 'round ;)

T.