PDA

View Full Version : Mount Everest tour update

T.Dooley
09-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi

A revision/ajustment of the tour is hereby submitted. Among other enhancements is additional pinpoint and information on adjacent peaks/mountains.

Thanks
Tom

Please update, as well as the description to:

edit: temporary description removed, see original file for current description

As a PS. I would like to ask if there is a problem if I decided to rename my submission from 'Everest-tour.kmz' to 'Mount-Everest-tour.kmz'. Is there a problem in that?

Captain Hornblower
09-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Please update, as well as the description
Consider it done :yep:

As a PS. I would like to ask if there is a problem if I decided to rename my submission from 'Everest-tour.kmz' to 'Mount-Everest-tour.kmz'. Is there a problem in that?
No problem....

T.Dooley
09-28-2008, 06:24 AM
No problem....

Thanks Captain, a new name... attached, please update

A revision/ajustment of the tour is hereby submitted. Among various minor enhancements is additional pinpoint and information on adjacent peaks/mountains. And a file rename from Everest-tour.kmz to Mount-Everest-tour.kmz

Thanks
Tom :yep:

Captain Hornblower
09-28-2008, 12:19 PM
This is a test, huh? You wanna test my patience, right? ;)

Consider it done :yep:

T.Dooley
09-29-2008, 03:42 PM
This is a test, huh? You wanna test my patience, right? ;)

Hi Captain. It was by no mean my intention to test you...

But maybe my question about renaming was'nt precise enough. What I meant was; would it be a problem to rename not only the file but also the download page. Since GEH doesnt use the filename (Mount-Everest-tour.kmz) in the file you download, my question was more about if it was possible to rename html download page.

http://www.gearthhacks.com/dlfile29450/Everest-tour.htm
to
http://www.gearthhacks.com/dlfile29450/Mount-Everest-tour.htm

Just to give a more saying name of the kmz/GE file and the page that links to the file.

I guess it's not possible without deleting the existing post and re-submit the entire post, starting all over. In that way losing stats and so on. Let's stay with the current name. Sorry for the confusion. :spin:

Tom

PS. interesting is that the link til the 'Mount-Everest-tour.htm' link actually works and re-directs to 'Everest-tour.htm'. Strange ? :spin:

Captain Hornblower
09-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Got it and changed it... :yep:

T.Dooley
09-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Got it and changed it... :yep:

I am DEEPLY and honestly impressed! :clap: :givebeer: :giverose:

I bow in the snow of high mountains, I wave a flag from spring of the Amazon and I blow a horn when floating by on the Kiel canal in tribute to great support!

Thanks!
Tom

T.Dooley
09-29-2008, 08:12 PM
With the risk of giving myself a bad name among moderators I dare to submit/attach a minor correction to the flyover of the 'South Col' area to this tour. Thus resting update to this for a while :-) ....
:duh: Bare over with me....

Captain Hornblower
09-30-2008, 06:52 AM
<no comment> :stare: