PDA

View Full Version : problem with downloaded files

stein_mi
08-18-2005, 08:17 PM
hi

i had downloaded an image overlay of innsbruck downtown, but when i double click the file and google earth opens, i have only a white image.

do you know what this could be?

michael

macnetz
08-19-2005, 02:42 PM
i had downloaded an image overlay of innsbruck downtown, but when i double click the file and google earth opens, i have only a white image.hi michael,

which file do you open? the *.kmz or the *.kml file?
Can you open the image with your favorite image viewer?

Anton

stein_mi
08-20-2005, 08:07 PM
hi michael,

which file do you open? the *.kmz or the *.kml file?
Can you open the image with your favorite image viewer?

Anton

hi anton,

at first i had double clicked the *.kmz file and google earth opens automatically.

tody i looked through the forum and i have read that i should rename the *.kmz file to *.zip
when i do this and double click it, a doc.kml and a innsbruck-city.jpg file is in it. i can view the image but the problem in google earth is the same.
i hope i had explained the problem

(is it possible that you're in a german speaking country?)

Michael

stein_mi
08-22-2005, 06:30 PM
hi anton,

it was just a question if we could write in german or not but the forum language is anyway english.

michael

Stadsman
08-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Can you post the kmz file here so I can look at it and maybe help you out? And also provide the link from where you downloaded the image from?

stein_mi
08-22-2005, 08:45 PM
ok, here's the path to this file:

File Downloads - Giant overlays --> Innsbruck downtown (the 7th from the top)
this file has about 630 kB, it is too large to upload it
you have to download it yourself, i'm not able to download a file anymore since i have to log-in.

michael

Stadsman
08-22-2005, 09:02 PM
ok, here's the path to this file:

File Downloads - Giant overlays --> Innsbruck downtown (the 7th from the top)
this file has about 630 kB, it is too large to upload it
you have to download it yourself, i'm not able to download a file anymore since i have to log-in.

michael
LOL, I'm not sure what you were pointing me at but I was asking for the website link from where you got the overlay image; so I need something like: www.website.com/image.jpg (http://www.website.com/image.jpg) (fake website, do not click)

stein_mi
08-24-2005, 06:06 PM
Sorry,

but firstly, I don't know how to do this and secondly, until now I have only seen: www.googleearthhacks.de/index1.htm although I swithed between the pages.

But today I've found what your looking for (and I hope the link will work):

www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfile3147/Innsbruck-downtown.htm

Michael

Stadsman
08-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain the problem you're having again?

stein_mi
08-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Hope this will explain the problem in all details :-)

Michael

the mendip stag
10-11-2006, 03:24 PM
perhaps my friend you had some overnight snowfalls :rofl:

shrinkingman
10-11-2006, 04:50 PM
I just downloaded the file and it works ok, so it's not a problem with the file itself. Which version of GE do you have?

Captain Hornblower
10-11-2006, 05:46 PM
shrinkingman, the time stein_mi asked that question, there was only one version. His question is more than a year old ;) And he wasn't here for about a year...

shrinkingman
10-11-2006, 06:11 PM
You could have a point there, didn't look at that. :yep: