PDA

View Full Version : Amazon river tour update

T.Dooley
11-02-2008, 07:20 AM
The file has been updated with more than 150 new placemarks, bringing total up to over 400 placemarks.

8 overlays are added in separate section/folder.

File is renamed...

Could you

edit: temporary description removed, see original file for current description

and of course update the file itself :yep:

Thanks, Tom

Captain Hornblower
11-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Your file is too big for our database. The limit is 2 MB.

T.Dooley
11-02-2008, 08:44 AM
I thought it was 4.77 MB for kmz files like it say in the file attach dialog.

Do you think that site admin would consider raising the limit to say 3 MB or to the 4.77 MB limit mentioned.

Captain Hornblower
11-02-2008, 09:41 AM
I thought it was 4.77 MB for kmz files like it say in the file attach dialog.
This is for the forum, not the file-database of GEH.

Do you think that site admin would consider raising the limit to say 3 MB or to the 4.77 MB limit mentioned.
Please send Mickey a PM with your request. He is the only one can change it (or not).

T.Dooley
11-02-2008, 12:14 PM
This is for the forum, not the file-database of GEH.

Okay, that explains it.

Please send Mickey a PM with your request. He is the only one can change it (or not).

done! I'll be back when Mickey replies.

Thanks for the info/help.

T.Dooley
11-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Moderator, please note (if this file is approved (due to size)) use the following. I have changed a major keyword in the description from 'longest' to 'biggest' and attached the corrected file. So please use those...

attached is new kmz version

sladys
11-02-2008, 07:56 PM
File is now updated. :yep:

T.Dooley
11-05-2008, 04:33 PM
It's not clear at this moment about the file limit size allowed. No matter this, the file is currently updated on the download page, as file and as description. Could you also moderators (C. Hornblower, you did this rename on the my Mount Everest tour ealier):

Thank you, moderators, for a great and active forum
Tom

Captain Hornblower
11-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Will do...

Captain Hornblower
11-05-2008, 05:09 PM
It's not clear at this moment about the file limit size allowed.
Indeed... :slant:

T.Dooley
11-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Will do...

U got the touch!!!

Danke! Dooley!

T.Dooley
11-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Well I guess I take the prize for correction to corrections to files. But when you lean back after creating a rather big collection or addition to a collection of say, maybe 150 new placemarks, I personally take a day or two, when I enjoy and tryout the tour collection.

On the other hand I am eager to submit it to all of you, to also see what I have found. So I submit the file or correction and often afterwards find some more corrections I like to correct.

In the actual case I found some (more) information about the this file area geography. Followed by some more and corrected placemarks in that part of the tour. Also trying ongoing to correct to best factual information.

I hope you accept my working method and bear over with it, since the alternative is that I most likely wont submit the placemark/tour at all.

Thank you for you patience.
Tom

Newest description and file:

T.Dooley
11-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Hi

Hope I have not been offended any of you GEHack members or moderators, for me commenting on

1) ongoing and ever updating on my existing files

and

2) big size file submission.

Please PM me alternatively. No current update information heard on the max .kmz size. Please reply on PM or forum.

Thanks
Tom

Captain Hornblower
11-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Newest description and file:

Done...

T.Dooley
11-09-2008, 03:18 PM
:yep: Thanks!