PDA

View Full Version : Another UI suggestion

birq
08-19-2005, 03:55 PM
When an action is performed, return to the page where the action was performed instead of showing the confirmation page.

For example, when you convert resources, you type in the # of barrels or jewels and click the "Convert" button. The conversion takes place and you're returned to the convert resources page. Since the page refreshes and the sidebar shows the number of resources and Geos you have, you can tell if the conversion was done or not.

Also, if you want someone to work on icons and reorganization of the UI, I'd be willing to do that. I'm not an expert, but I have experience with front-ends.

rasqual
08-19-2005, 04:16 PM
I like that.

How about an inline frame or something on such pages, to show results of actions taken? Yes, you can see it in the results, but a brief "report" such as the confirmation page shows would provide the best of both worlds.

birq
08-19-2005, 05:47 PM
How about an inline frame or something on such pages, to show results of actions taken? Yes, you can see it in the results, but a brief "report" such as the confirmation page shows would provide the best of both worlds.

Sure. Hell, you can even have a status message at the top of the page that shows success or failure as the result of the action. I'm not up on PHP -- I'm thinking about Struts and JSP -- but I'd think it's a trivial task. The main thing in my mind is to get away from unnecessary clicks.