PDA

View Full Version : Oil bonus for the owner of Riyadh

Mickey
08-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Every five minutes, when the oil production is recalculated, the owner of the city of Riyadh (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/war/city.php?city=77) gets a 1% bonus of the entire amount of oil being pulled from that oil field. Right now, that means about a half of a barrel every five minutes, or 6 barrels and hour. Not bad.

Go fight for Riyadh!

birq
08-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Beautiful! We really need more of this kind of thing, to make the cities important. Here are some ideas:

Big refinery cities (Houston, for example) also get a cut of the oil money (maybe not the actual oil, but some Geos)

Cape Town gets a cut of the Jewel market

Once more cities are created, capitol cities get a small bonus in general -- maybe only if you hold the rest of the cities in that country, but I don't know if we want to get into countries yet.

elk-tamer
08-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Beautiful! We really need more of this kind of thing, to make the cities important. Here are some ideas:

Big refinery cities (Houston, for example) also get a cut of the oil money (maybe not the actual oil, but some Geos)

Cape Town gets a cut of the Jewel market

Once more cities are created, capitol cities get a small bonus in general -- maybe only if you hold the rest of the cities in that country, but I don't know if we want to get into countries yet.

I like those ideas too; Geos for owning a city, more for controlling entire regions.
One way to decide on the number of Geos would be to take the GDP for the country and use the population of the city divided by the pop. of the country it's in.
(Then we'd have a conversion for Geos to world currencies)