PDA

View Full Version : Bugs appearing...

Mickey
08-20-2005, 07:04 PM
For the next few hours (hopefully), I'm going to be writing the code necessary for time-based army movements. If you see any bugs, hang tight until I post again. Wish me luck - this is a lot of math!

rasqual
08-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Are we going to see pup tents in the middle of the Atlantic?!

One can only hope!

;-D

Mickey
08-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Are we going to see pup tents in the middle of the Atlantic?!

One can only hope!

;-D

For a while, probably so. :)

rasqual
08-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Not only is that good wit if your antecedent is my second sentence, it's good wit for leaving one in doubt about which. Sir, you merit my cordial approbation!

Mickey
08-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Ok, time-based movement is done. Sort of. I'm sure there are bugs to work out, and there are many features to be added, but the basic idea is in place.

Notes:

- If you move to a city that you own (or to your home base), the army will automatically move it and join that city.
- If you move to a city that is owned by someone else or is unoccupied, the army will move to the outskirts of town.
- You cannot occupy a city or attack it unless your army is already sitting in position just outside of town.
- Currently, you cannot attack other home bases, as I haven't built in movement to those yet.
- You can assign a new destination at any point and it will start from where it currently is and head off to the new location.
- The map will show a pup tent wherever an army is, along with a trail behind it to show where it came from. This trail is reset any time a new movement is initiated.
- Armies do not recognize water, other armies, other home bases, or other cities. Picture them in jets, high above everything on their way to their destination.

That's about it. I have to run out for a bit, but I'll get cracking on the bugs when I get back.

I'll be adding a lot more information (especially on the map) with details about each army.

Mickey
08-20-2005, 11:12 PM
Two more notes:

- You can no longer choose to "abandon" a city. If you move the last army out of it, it becomes unoccupied.
- Army locations are updated every five minutes (in the same script that updates oil output).

Mickey
08-21-2005, 01:51 AM
This thread closed. More discussion about this topic can be done here (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1360).