PDA

View Full Version : Whoa, whoa, whoah!

rasqual
08-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Whokay, I have an army heading from my base in Iraq to Germany, and he just passed through the straits of Gibralter and appears to be on his way to Guatemala. Dittos for an army bound for Norway.

Dag! One bound for London is halfway across the Atlantic to Jamaica! I'm running a dry army, we don't need rum!

Elk-tamer's ostensibly enroute to Saudi, but his trajectory's going to carry him Capetown-way.

What happened to all these armies' nav units? This is very, very bad.

rasqual
08-21-2005, 08:08 AM
OK, so when our armies get just outside of a city, will that report from our commanders show up on our "morning briefing" page -- the overall view of things? Or do we have to drill down to the army page -- location "mustered outside podunk, arkansas"? Something like that?

Hey, it looks like everyone's armies are milling about the globe, unable to find their destinations. You got a lat switched for a lon somewhere in your calcs? ;-)

cheakerdoodels
08-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Yeah my armies were going to salt lake. They were pretty close they just missed it by like 20000 miles.

Mickey
08-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Ok, I found a few bugs which have been squashed. A number of armies have moved successfully, so I know we're close. I've fixed those few bugs I found and then moved all insane armies back to their home base (including a few of mine).

Keep an eye on things and let me know what you see. If you see a problem, please tell me three things:
- The name of the army (mickey12345 or whatever)
- Where it started
- Where it should be heading

Hopefully with that info I can track down any remaining bugs.

araT
08-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Nice squishing, Mick! you deserve a gold-plated flyswatter :D

T.

Mickey
08-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Nice squishing, Mick! you deserve a gold-plated flyswatter
Thanks for that, but I'm not convinced I've got them all yet. That gold-plated flyswatter might come in handy...

Bastian
08-21-2005, 02:55 PM
look at the screen. why are the lines not the same direction?

and i can't attack Ryadh with my army Bastian71461. when i click attack, it sais "Sorry, but you have no available armies to send to attack this city", although the army is already waiting outside Ryadh

Mickey
08-21-2005, 03:00 PM
look at the screen. why are the lines not the same direction?
I don't think this is a problem, but let's keep an eye on it. GE tends to draw it's lines differently then I calculate troop movements. I anticipate that the lines will come together as the troops get closer to the city. Please let me know what happens.

and i can't attack Ryadh with my army Bastian71461. when i click attack, it sais "Sorry, but you have no available armies to send to attack this city", although the army is already waiting outside Ryadh
Sorry about that. This should be fixed now. Let me know.

rasqual
08-22-2005, 03:13 AM
Still bad. I think your great circle computations are hopelessly fuddled. Witness my army 81. Heck, 70 as well. They're absolutely lost.

Mickey
08-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Still bad. I think your great circle computations are hopelessly fuddled. Witness my army 81. Heck, 70 as well. They're absolutely lost.
As mentioned in the other thread (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1352), I think it's just simply that I don't allow them to cross over from longitude 180 to -180 --- I make them go the LONG way around.

It appears that you've already re-ordered the armies to head over there, so I can't see what had happened.