PDA

View Full Version : Armies

birq
08-21-2005, 10:14 PM
I had a couple more thoughts about armies

Smaller size
Have a choice of different army sizes in the store. A smaller group (called a unit or forward recon or special forces or whatever) that is cheaper (or make the 100 troop size more expensive).

The reason for this is to have smaller groups that you can use for probing your target's defenses -- it's a shame to waste 100 troops when you could have found out a target's defenses by throwing 10 troops at them

Smaller armies travel faster
This one is common sense, really, and I think I saw it on one of your lists already. The larger the army, the more logistical resources, the more important the supply lines and the more expensive it is in time and money.

One-shot attacks
When you attack another person's city, you should have the choice of attacking all-or-nothing or just 1 time. This would prevent wasting a 100 troop force on a city defended by a single 50,000 troop army. If you lose 20 the first attack and learn how big the defending force is, there's no point in continuing and throwing those other 80 troops away.

City bonuses
(Once army maintenance and travel costs money) Along the lines of Riyadh, it should be cheaper to maintain and move armies if you hold Boise, Idaho and Kansas City, Missouri since those cities control the flow of your army's meat and potatoes.

Okay, that last one is a stretch, but you get the idea of where I'm going with that.

rasqual
08-22-2005, 03:15 AM
Agreed on all. That last one's a hoot!