PDA

View Full Version : Stone Age!

Stanley
08-22-2005, 06:47 PM
This probably counts as a bug.

I just nuked most of the top players back to the stone age.

I suppose, my suggestion here, is a max-cap on number of Jewels/Minute/Hour/Day. I ran a little script overnight and accumulated 8000 Jewels or so. That makes for a lot of nukes!

Sorry to those of you who've lost large armies. I tried to be equal with my armageddon, and only nuked the top 5-10 players.

On the other hand, it was kinda fun.

Mickey, if you want to see my vbscript, email me!

-Stanley

Mickey
08-22-2005, 07:26 PM
I just e-mailed you for the script, so we'll see what I can do about that.

Any other thoughts on how to prevent this kind of thing? Capping it per minute/hour/day/whatever will still give the most benefit to the scripts, as those will still get the maximum number of jewels available.

One thought I had was to limit the number of jewels that one person could possess at time. The lower the number, the better. Maybe 50? This would require that a person has to go in and convert their jewels to Geos before they can collect more. It won't stop the scripts, but make them somewhat less effective - a script running all night (or even all week) will only get you up to 50 jewels.

birq
08-22-2005, 07:32 PM
I just nuked most of the top players back to the stone age.

That's a pretty crappy thing to do to make a point. I wasn't even one of the people nuked and I think it's crappy.

Beezer
08-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Crappy, yes.

However, it was bound to happen sooner or later. At least Stanley is doing it in a helpful manner and not to just be a jerk.

Mickey
08-22-2005, 07:57 PM
I think I have a solution, unless someone knows of an easy way to get around it.

When you find a jewel, you will have to click on the jewel. In there will be a link for "pick up this jewel". Clicking the link will run out to the web and credit you for that jewel.

The link will change dynamically with every jewel. Any reasonable way that a script could find the next jewel, then pull up the description, then follow the link, then do it all again? Or will this maybe solve the problem for a while?

Stanley
08-22-2005, 08:04 PM
The link will change dynamically with every jewel. Any reasonable way that a script could find the next jewel, then pull up the description, then follow the link, then do it all again? Or will this maybe solve the problem for a while?

That'll make it difficult, but not impossible. You need to have us take some hard to determine action, like "Zoom to 1000 feet".

rasqual
08-23-2005, 12:45 AM
LOL

Yeah, Stanley, you nailed us.

As for scripting, I don't think you can defeat it, Mickey.

Trust me.

;-)

Mickey
08-23-2005, 01:28 AM
As for scripting, I don't think you can defeat it, Mickey.

I believe it, but I still am going to fight it and limit it as best I can.

Volli82
08-23-2005, 02:05 AM
I just e-mailed you for the script, so we'll see what I can do about that.

Any other thoughts on how to prevent this kind of thing? Capping it per minute/hour/day/whatever will still give the most benefit to the scripts, as those will still get the maximum number of jewels available.

One thought I had was to limit the number of jewels that one person could possess at time. The lower the number, the better. Maybe 50? This would require that a person has to go in and convert their jewels to Geos before they can collect more. It won't stop the scripts, but make them somewhat less effective - a script running all night (or even all week) will only get you up to 50 jewels.

no good idea, because some people, like me too, donīt make money with drilling oil or cotton fields. i nearly make all of my money with hunting jewles and i do that very often. 50 jewles, thats what i collect in 10 minutes, and that with no scripts or anything illegal thing.

Mickey
08-23-2005, 03:01 AM
50 jewles, thats what i collect in 10 minutes, and that with no scripts or anything illegal thing.

That's not a problem. When you get to 50, just go and convert them into Geos (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/war/convertresources.php), then go hunt some more! I certainly don't want to punish users that do things the "right" way.

Mickey
08-23-2005, 03:13 AM
For now, I've decided not to implement the 50 jewel rule. I'd rather not create arbitrary rules like that, unless I need to. I'm hoping that some of the new tweaks to the jewel hunting system will be sufficient.

Details on the changes can be found here (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1464).