PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for hotel names from the 1980's

Tomaso
03-28-2010, 03:58 PM
My name is Southgate commonly called Larry. I used to visit Athens quite often in the 1980s as an export salesman for a company called Barry-Wehmiller, calling on drinks companies like Coca Cola and Pepsi Cola. I have forgotten the names of the hotels I stayed in then. One was an Aparthotel just up the road from the Hilton and Holiday Inn, the other was a large hotel just up the road on the right of the Hilton. I have searched the maps, and maybe these are now the names of the hotels :
Lion Hotel Apartments and probably Best Western Ilisia Hotel. The large hotel was, I believe, almost opposite the prison?? The dates I'm searching around was when there was a large earthquake up around Kiathos along the Korintos Canal?? Anybody remember? Yes, I was there that night.. Oh yes, the large hotel had a bar in a room called Place Constaninopolos? a square bar in the middle of the room. Can anyone help? Thanks for any help.
Anybody know Aris Papadopoulos? Used to live in Ano Ilioupolis. Had a business called Hellenic export/import in Patrou street, or Alkymahou Street.
Also a gent called Alex Marinakis, with a wife called Joanna, last heard of in Pikermi, Attika.
Any help gratefully received. Kali spera, Larry Southgate

Appletom
03-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Hi Larry, welcome to GEH.

I'm not sure how many people here are familiar with hotels in Greece. Have you tried the gang over at Flyertalk? Flyertalk.com is a community of hundreds of thousands of road warriors and chances are really good that you will be able to find someone who has stayed at those hotels.