PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Trail View Layer like street view layer for Google Earth?

jordanllgg45
06-05-2010, 07:29 PM
I was just wondering if there was a trail view layer in Google Earth. Because I went to this site and I saw this interesting trail view photo shot that was located in Burlington, CT. I will give you the website here to check it out. See for yourself: www.crankfire.com/media/photo/6110/google_earth_trail_view_. Type this address in your internet browser and I will show you what I mean! What I am saying on this is that I couldn't believe it that there was a photo of a trail in street view. Or it could have been called Trail view. I am thinking that they are currently working on adding a Trail View layer, just like street view. But only just for trails. Man, that would be so cool if they had this in Google Earth. But I bet they are working on it all the time to make it better. Also, I wonder if they have the Appalachian Trail on Google Earth in the Trail view layer. But this trail is really big. But mainly, what I am saying is that they should be working on making a Trail View layer in Google Earth. But I am telling you the truth right there. Just check out that website that I gave you and there will be a trail picture there from Burlington, CT. It's just too cool for words. Well anyway, just let me know what is going on with this Trail view layer. And also let me know if they are working on it as well. All right then? So let me know what happens and get back soon. So thanks a lot! :D

Forkboy2
06-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Google does have a fleet of bicycles to go offroad. But I haven't heard anything about them doing hiking trails yet. Perhaps some day....

jordanllgg45
06-07-2010, 05:10 AM
I found a trail in South Carolina called the Turkey Walk Trail. And this has a lot of trails covered in the street view itself! This is really cool. Do you know though when other trails are going to be added for street view? But I bet that they are working on that right now, as we speak. Like I want some trails in Connecticut to have street view to them so I can actually go on the trail itself. This would be cool if they had this. But what I am thinking is that they are working on it, so there is no need to worry about that. There are a lot of trails in Connecticut that should be covered too. Like Talcott Mountain State Park in Simsbury where Hublein Tower is located. I love this trail the most and it is really fun to hike on. And also at the West Hartford reservoir. These are my favorite hiking trails they should add to street view for the trails. And my favorite park in West Hartford too is Westmore Park which is off Flagg Road in West Hartford where I live nearby. They have excellent hiking trails there. So the street view people should know where this, I mean they must know. And there is another park called the Spice Bush Swamp. Everyone goes fishing here too in the summer. Now this place is off Mountain Road in West Hartford, CT too. If they can add all of these trails and even more trails mostly around Connecticut, then I will be really happy. And there is this long trail that starts off in Avon, CT and this is the Metacomet Trail. This one is really good too. Well anyway, just let me know what is happening with the trail business for the street view. What I am saying, the more trails the better I wlll love it! So get back to me soon and let me know what is happening with this. So thank you very much! :D ;)

Jrod
06-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Try using paragraphs it would make it easier to read.

Appletom
06-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Showing your age there Jrod you are ;)

He uses Caps and lower case correctly, he uses punctuation marks in all the right places and he (she?) has only one misspelled word.

Forkboy2
06-08-2010, 02:43 AM
Only Google knows when more will be added.