PDA

View Full Version : Problem with jewels

His Lord Uberdude
08-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Ok, I noticed you added a anti-scripting feature, which requires you to open the browser and enter a code. Problem? It always says my code is no good. I've done everything I can think of, but it's still nto working for me. Help?

EDIT:
Ok, never mind. Just had to work with refreshing, and logging in.

rasqual
08-23-2005, 03:39 PM
I do have an idea for this, though. Mickey, can you park the confirmation and the graphic in the description for the jewel itself on a refresh? The process has made it tougher for non-scripters as well as scripters. Parking it all in the GE interface without needing to "shell out" to a web UI would just be clean and nice, as well as showcasing tighter integration of back-end logic with the GE interface.

freakybarry
08-23-2005, 03:44 PM
does seem to be rightly buggered

i copied the url from GE to firefox and then it worked ok
went searching for my next jewel, GE browser showed me the same confirmation code as the first, which faield obviously.
then i copied url into firfox and that failed as well :(

i cant collect jewels :(

Aodhan
08-23-2005, 05:02 PM
I used to take me forever to save up jewels for things. Now it's unacceptable unless the value of the jewel is greatly raised.

mbr
08-23-2005, 05:16 PM
I can't collect jewels. The security code does not match. But it's the right code.

bueth
08-23-2005, 05:47 PM
i copied the url from GE to firefox and then it worked ok
went searching for my next jewel, GE browser showed me the same confirmation code as the first, which faield obviously.
then i copied url into firfox and that failed as well

I tried that too and it worked for the first jewel. For the next jewel, the GE browser showed me as well the same code. This one obviously fails but after I refreshed the page (right mouse button...) it works now in GE browser without having to copy the link to Firefox. I just need to refresh manually for every new jewel... :(

rasqual
08-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Mickey, ya got postback issues?

Mickey
08-23-2005, 08:53 PM
I do have an idea for this, though. Mickey, can you park the confirmation and the graphic in the description for the jewel itself on a refresh? The process has made it tougher for non-scripters as well as scripters. Parking it all in the GE interface without needing to "shell out" to a web UI would just be clean and nice, as well as showcasing tighter integration of back-end logic with the GE interface.
At this point, you can't put a form in the description field. There is no way to get "real" information from the user without sending them to a web page.

To fix the copy/refresh problem (at least temporarily), you can go to "tools" --> "options" --> "preferences" and check the box for "show web results in external browser".

I'll work on it more tonight. It's been a long day - you'll find out why fairly soon. :)

Mickey
08-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Some temporary relief - you now get 2.25 Geos per jewel (a 5x increase). I'll work on it some more in a few hours.

rasqual
08-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Hey Mick -- here's an idea. How about simply this -- you have a few links in the description, and a graphic that tells you which one to click. Seriously. :Let's say you have 10 links there:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

And a graphic that's just a number.

You could change the links each time, maybe. Random characters in random order.

That would keep things fast, it would use the GE UI, and it would be tough to script for (dude, not even I'm going to do OCR on a little graphic ;-)