PDA

View Full Version : Another denial

martin
08-23-2005, 06:41 PM
I've posted a kmz with the ironically meant title "Visible Radar" showing a green line from the center of an island to the coast.
I found it to be a quite interesting 'map quirk', but it was denied ("I dont see any radar...")
What do you see?

Steeefan
08-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah, a quite nice quirk. Looks like a radar to me now that you've said but I dunno if that came to my mind when I only were seeing the quirk. And honstely, what's the deal with errors anyway? I personally don't find them very interesting...

martin
08-23-2005, 06:54 PM
You are right, but this one is different.
It's transparent and fades slightly in and out on both ends. No other quirks.
I just wonder about the technical reason.

Captain Hornblower
08-23-2005, 07:43 PM
If you describe "Visible radar" I am expecting a visible radar site, antenna or sort of it.
I've notices the 'beam' but to draw the line between 'visible radar' and the 'beam' was to far away from me. If you would have explained it more, probably I would have approved it...
You can't see radar beams...

martin
08-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Ok, lets open a "Google Earth Jokes" category for less humor beeings...

araT
08-24-2005, 03:22 AM
I have a better idea.. if you want to discuss map quirks post them on the forums - they will most likely not be there when the data gets updated, so they are of a temporary nature anyway. Posting them on the forums means that people can discuss them, posting them in the file archive seems unnnessesary.

T.