PDA

View Full Version : Conversion issue...

Beezer
08-25-2005, 04:14 AM
I don't think this is a bug and I think I may know why it happens but I thought I'd mention it. I can't convert all my oil into Geos. Specifically, I have to enter a whole number and cannot enter in the entire amount of oil I have (with the decimal place). I assume this is to prevent users from having fractions of Geos. But I thought I'd bring it up.

Perhaps you could have the script that calculates the oil amount each user has simply round up or down to the lowest whole number. No sense in showing oil barrels in fractions if you can't trade them in.

araT
08-25-2005, 04:16 AM
Well not necessarily, you can convert the whole barrels you have, and leave the rest to add to the collection.. you dont need to convert it ALL at once :yep:

T.

Beezer
08-25-2005, 04:19 AM
..you dont need to convert it ALL at once :yep:

Unless you need the cash!!!! ;)

araT
08-25-2005, 04:27 AM
Then get picking cotton, slave!! :lol:
..and collect some jewels while you are waiting for your resources to top up ;)

I know its a bitch, but its also more realistic this way.. do you think people would get away with selling half-barrels in the real world? - its one of the cons of that resource :p

T.

Mickey
08-25-2005, 11:52 AM
Actually, you can convert partial barrels. When I convert my stuff, I usually cover at least one decimal place. If it says I have 8.317 barrels, I'll convert 8.3 over to Geos.

Of course, then we have the "do you think people would get away with selling half-barrels in the real world?" question. Should I maybe just require whole numbers?

Beezer
08-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Hmmmmmm......

I tired converting all my oil (decimal places and all) and it didn't work. Oh well.

The whole number idea was just a suggestion. In the real world, you typically don't sell half a barrel of oil. So if you are trying to be more realistic, then use whole numbers only. If it's easier to leave it the way it is now, then that's fine. I'm sure there are more pressing issues to deal with (like correcting bugs!! ;) ).