PDA

View Full Version : More oil needed!

Roger Andrew
08-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Since the oil field in Saudi Arabia is full, can I suggest both Edmonton, Canada as the control city, and the largest source of Oil anywhere in the world, the Oil Sands near Fort McMurray Alberta Canada for the next oil field!

elk-tamer
08-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Edmonton as the control city?? All of the head offices for Alberta oil companies are in Calgary.
Go Flames!!

Beezer
08-25-2005, 06:04 PM
I agree. Another oil field is sorely needed.

However, I believe his main priority right now is correcting the bugs in the game-play before he starts working on more features (i.e. another oil field). For now, just keep checking to see when they become available.

Perhaps, in the interim, we could get Mickey to put a counter on the GE War homepage that gives a countdown to when the next 5 oil fields will become available. Any chance of this Mickey??

Roger Andrew
08-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Calgary/Edmonton; whichever has the largest population.

Mick Heaven
08-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Hey, what about us southerners. :spin: Australia has rich fields off north western Australia and the Bass Strait. Why do we need just one extra. If you want the opportunity for more players to get into it there should be a lot more resources supplied. :shock:
And to be really realistic shouldn't Russia, Venezuela and Nigeria be getting the next oil field?
If you want some reality, the resources given per unit time could vary between where each oil/cotton/gold/etc might be.

Cato
08-26-2005, 11:41 PM
It might be advantageous to make many small oil fields (venezuela, canada, russia, etc.) dispersed across the globe, as to not overvalue specific regions (regarding oil taxes).

Relatively small cotton fields could also be placed in south carolina, mississippi, alabama.

Another idea I thought of while writing this post is to make it so that you can plant cotton anywhere. Some places, however, would be more suitable for growing cotton and would therefore yield more cotton per unit of time. Therefore, growing cotton in Antarctica would adversely effect one's finances due to the fact that it costs geos to plant a cotton field.

This would open up the marketplace to vast amounts of land and leave the planter to deal with uncertainty on the return of his investments. One major difficulty you might run into, however, is demonstrating where cotton is easily grown. But you could just leave it up to each individual player to determine what location he thinks is most suitable for cotton-growing (like in real life).

eDamak
08-27-2005, 02:58 AM
why not just replicate the "opep" sites?

Cato
08-27-2005, 08:57 PM
more resources are desperately needed in order to keep newcomers (like myself) interested, since its virtually impossible to find new space for an oil or cotton field. more resources, regardless of how its done.