PDA

View Full Version : Any animals?

perclissigi
07-17-2005, 12:56 AM
Obviously they would have to be quite large, ie elephans, giraffes etc.
It would just be cool to see a living thing.
I've tried Kenya but it's all low-res at the moment.
Maybe i'm just being a bit hopeful!

Otik
07-17-2005, 09:24 PM
There is an elephant visible in at least one of the zoos in an American city - where exactly, I can't remember...

I guess that's where the "local search" comes in useful ;-)

Thomas Amason
07-26-2005, 02:40 AM
I killed me a bear when I was only three. Ok ok ok, so maybe I'm not Davy Crocket. I would imagine that an elephant could be visible.... Like previously mentioned about 500 times prior to this, it really depends on the res. But one would assume that somewhere you could find a whale. For one, whales are mammals and have to come to the surface every so often for air. And for two, they're huge bitches... Can I say bitches here? Anyhow... I havent found any whales yet... Some people have posted 'maybe this is a whale' coordinates, but most of them seem doubtful after taking a good look. Below is a couple of files I have in the past two days while wandering the earth, feel free to look around at them. I've only had Google Earth for two days, but I have a very good grasp of geology and software, which combined contributed to my addiction to this program.

Here's a description of each of my files:
1. 'House in forney' is where I lived while in texas during my early teen years... it's the best res house I've actually found thus far. At the time of living there the population of Forney was a mere 1500 people. It's grown quite a bit
2. DOLPHINS? At first glance I thought I had found life... This is one is cool, and I recommend veiwing. Im still not sure what they are, but there's many of them... Maybe rocks, or plant life, or sand... or hell, maybe it is life... Very good res.
3. Crazy wave. This I dont believe is a wave, but **** is it cool as hell looking. It may be a crater, or change in underwater elevation.
4. AMAZING FIND.... HERE IS WALDO!!! I found him, no kidding. So sign me up for the grand prize.
5. Thomas Paradise. A huge house on a beautiful island outside of the Bahamas and right next to the city of Atlantis.
Enjoy!

birq
07-26-2005, 03:24 AM
Here is a giraffe at the Dallas zoo.

Actually, it's a 67.5" tall statue of a giraffe, which you can read about here:

http://www.savvycenter.com/explorer/roadside/giraffestatue.htm

Tokeh
07-27-2005, 08:43 PM
Here are three elephants in Germany. You can't really identify them as elephants, but I'm pretty sure, it's the place where the elephants are at the Hannover Zoo.

Rainy46
07-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Here are three elephants in Germany. You can't really identify them as elephants, but I'm pretty sure, it's the place where the elephants are at the Hannover Zoo.

You´re right, guy!!! :) A measurement shows that all 3 are between 2.5 and 3.5 meters long. Thats the size of elephants!!!

In Germany we call it "Volltreffer"!

Here´s the proof, a map of the Hannover Zoo:
http://www.zoo-hannover.de/zoo-hannover/media/userfiles/downloads/daten/ZooPlan_05.pdf

Even the map shows 3 (!) elephants, like GE. Remarcable is the spherical Object on one of the houses, that can be viewed very well.

Congratulations, Tokeh!

grav8e
07-28-2005, 08:42 PM
someone else put this link in here...but here's the Orcas at Sea World in Orlando.

Assassin
07-28-2005, 09:00 PM
See this dog!

Patroni
07-29-2005, 04:07 PM
I think this is a few racing horses going around the track.

43° 3'54.77"N, 75°31'40.67"W

perclissigi
08-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Heh, awsome.

coirm
08-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Here are two clearly visible mammouths in LA ;)

Geppof
08-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Some farm animals

Nico
08-28-2005, 12:20 AM
did you already see the great find of Brent Laftin?
He found a whale!
http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfile5659/Beluga-whale-at-Pt.-Defiance-Zoo.htm

Good one, thanks!
Nico

Flying High
01-29-2006, 07:14 PM
May be a bit too late... but here are some wild hippo's in Africa.... and a herd of Buffalo.