PDA

View Full Version : What the..? The jewel just isn't there!

dreadpr
08-25-2005, 11:31 PM
The file asks me to go to Stockholm, Sweden so I do. But not jewel, no matter what height I view at (down to under 2000ft) or how slowly I traverse in.

I tried reloading the file but to no avail. Can someone help me please?

:whoa:

Bastian
08-25-2005, 11:42 PM
its the wrong stockholm, sweden ;)
you have to go here: 5919'59.69"N, 18 3'1.23"E
if you have that problem another time just look into the cities KML

dreadpr
08-25-2005, 11:47 PM
Well.

Isn't that embarrassing?

Especially since I actually frowned at the location yesterday and even wondered out loud to a colleague that I thought Stockholm was further south.

hehe I'm an idiot.

Thanks mate.

haX0R
09-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Hmm...
The same happened to me too
It says to go to Lima, Peru but there is no jewel!

Beezer
09-09-2005, 12:56 PM
There are a few cities like this. The easiest way to figure out if you are in the correct place is to have the GE War cities loaded. Then you can look for the polygons in the correct location for that city.

haX0R
09-17-2005, 02:59 PM
There are a few cities like this. The easiest way to figure out if you are in the correct place is to have the GE War cities loaded. Then you can look for the polygons in the correct location for that city.
I dont get it! i have GEwar cities loaded but it still doesnt work. Also, there are two lima, perus on the map!

Corporal
09-17-2005, 03:04 PM
There's two of almost every nation's capital city because one notes the city, the other denotes that the city is the capital city. If you turn off Borders then you won't get that, but it also becomes more difficult to find cities.

You also don't need to zoom in to 20000ft - As long as you're under 50 miles, the jewel will show up.

Beezer
09-17-2005, 04:21 PM
I dont get it! i have GEwar cities loaded but it still doesnt work. Also, there are two lima, perus on the map!
With the cities loaded, you should be able to see the polygons (which are over the correct city location) for the city. So when you look for Stockholm, if you have GE War Cities loaded, you can zoom out and see the giant colored polygon over the correct location. Then slide over there and zoom in for the jewel.