PDA

View Full Version : "Urgent" shall i say?

War_Peace
08-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Riyadh is providing 1 barrel of oil every 5 minutes.
1 barrel of oil worths 0.06 Geos.
Hmm... Let's do the math shall we? (Yes indeed!)
It will take 10 hours!!!!!!!!!!(do not count there is 10) to get 7.2 Geos!!!
10 Hours : 7.2 Geos
4 Jewels : 9 Geos
COME ON!!! Arghhh!!!...

In general, all those so called "resorces" do not worth nothin' ok!?

And there is this thing: We have high populated cities and get to the "Top players list" but it would mean so much if we could make Geos from it

Thanks for reading... (Whatever...)

Roger Andrew
08-26-2005, 09:19 PM
So where did Stanley get all his Euros from?

Mickey
08-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Riyadh is providing 1 barrel of oil every 5 minutes.
1 barrel of oil worths 0.06 Geos.
Hmm... Let's do the math shall we? (Yes indeed!)
It will take 10 hours!!!!!!!!!!(do not count there is 10) to get 7.2 Geos!!!
10 Hours : 7.2 Geos
4 Jewels : 9 Geos
COME ON!!! Arghhh!!!...

I'm likely going to raise the rates for Riyadh and Atlanta on their "tax income". Probably later today.

Mickey
08-26-2005, 10:07 PM
Rates raised to 5% for each city. That should make a pretty substantial difference.

War_Peace
08-26-2005, 10:55 PM
5%, 10% does not matter that much. There are 2 special cities but i mean there are a lot of cotton fields and oil wells. If you do not increase the exchange rates as u did on the jewel, only way to earn reasonable amounts of geos will be again jewel.

Since u increased the taxes 5 times u may do the same thing on rates.

At the current exchange rate, 1 barrel of oil will earn you 0.3 Geos

At the current exchange rate, 1 pound of cotton will earn you 0.5 Geos

Just look how nice they seem :)

By the way, why is oil 0.06 and cotton 0.1 ??

Mickey
08-26-2005, 11:08 PM
By the way, why is oil 0.06 and cotton 0.1 ??

Because there is more oil than cotton is coming in right now. (about 20 barrels of oil per minute vs. about 9 lbs of cotton per minute)

War_Peace
08-26-2005, 11:11 PM
So, there is not going to be an exchange rate increase is there?

Mickey
08-26-2005, 11:20 PM
So, there is not going to be an exchange rate increase is there?

I'm undecided at this point.

rasqual
08-27-2005, 02:06 AM
I think exchange rate changes are fine, but they probably should sneak up on whatever is deemed a sane value, rather than risk overshooting it and creating uncontrolled-for oscillations in the system. Perturbations should not be cataclysmic. Such changes need to be damped.

Mick Heaven
08-27-2005, 02:19 AM
Yeh, having a city should mean something besides kudos. How about some rate per city, depending on it's population, and I guess when you give specialties they get a higher rate (eg: high tech, financial) than lower cities (eg: agricultural, historical)

War_Peace
08-27-2005, 11:04 AM
I did a brief observation on those wells and fields. Most of them belong to the same guys, so called "big guys"
If you make a quota for every player, then it will be like meaningless i guess. I mean, every body has 5 wells is same with removing all the wells from the game.
So, what i mean is that the system should stay untouched. I am a jewel hunter myself and if you want to have those wells you have to hunt them as well.
I may only have a suggestion for those big fellas: Buy nuclear shields, please!

Carry on...

Lukepuuk
08-27-2005, 05:59 PM
hmmm i don't totally agree for giving Geo's for the Big Cities.
The problem is that the big rich guys who can obtain those cities will just be getting richer and soon there will be no way for newbies to get into the game.
A top 3 or top 5 for the players which will always be on every users main screen should be enough credit I think.
Or try to give something as medals or anything for top players who can stay in top for a month or so. Something they can keep.
But rewarding them with Geo's causes a monopoly.

Mick Heaven
08-28-2005, 02:30 AM
Maybe I'd agree with the previous post except looking around at the cities, it doesn't appear that anyone holds onto theirs for too long:dead:, especially the larger cities which will get you to the top of table (and more Geo's if it's initiated??).
If the having geo's per city is run then maybe oil/cotton and esp. jewels should have a higher rate so the newbies don't feel they got no hope against those established already.
As an aside a random amount for the jewels would be great too, so sometimes you could strike it lucky, instead of getting one jewel per hunt.:whoa:

rasqual
08-28-2005, 04:11 AM
Big cities are expensive to sustain. Everything about them is more expensive. Owning cities could pay higher taxes -- true. But these taxes go for needed infrastructure and services. In rhe real world, only corrupt officials get rich off being "boss" in the cities. I don't think Mickey should ensconce Chicago politics in his game.

Mickey
08-28-2005, 04:40 AM
As an aside a random amount for the jewels would be great too, so sometimes you could strike it lucky, instead of getting one jewel per hunt.:whoa:

Ahh, good idea. Maybe I'll cut the exchange rate down a bit, but then allow people to get 1-4 each time or something like that.

Cato
08-28-2005, 07:57 PM
The best way to deal with exchange rates is to stop manually regulating them and allow the free markets to dictate them. If more oil is sold on a given day, then the price goes down.

In order for this idea to work realistically, however, you would need to allow players to buy resources. If someone feels that the price of oil is going to go up, then he would buy barrels of oil and sell if the price does indeed rise.

So another idea that might require a bit more development is for people with lots of armies/cities to have to sustain their intake with cotton,oil (not sure about diamonds).

Mickey
08-28-2005, 09:21 PM
The best way to deal with exchange rates is to stop manually regulating them and allow the free markets to dictate them. If more oil is sold on a given day, then the price goes down.
The free markets do dictate the prices - to a point. As we get more of a realistic economy going, this will become moreso.

In order for this idea to work realistically, however, you would need to allow players to buy resources. If someone feels that the price of oil is going to go up, then he would buy barrels of oil and sell if the price does indeed rise.
Agreed.

So another idea that might require a bit more development is for people with lots of armies/cities to have to sustain their intake with cotton,oil (not sure about diamonds).
Again, agreed. Good post.