PDA

View Full Version : Conversion Preview

Brendo
08-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Would it be fesiable to add a preview for the conversion page.
For example: When the user types in the amount of a resource they want to convert, a tooltip or something would be able to show how many geos would be produced if the user converted that amount.

rasqual
08-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey, that's a great idea. Here's another one -- have the conversion form be a single one, with each possible conversion merely a field. If I want to convert multiple commodities into geos (e.g., sell them ;-) it'd be much nicer to do so in one swell foop.

For some things in the game, I think things should be "more difficult" -- when they implicate the players more in the GE interface, or leave them to their own devices when it comes to timing ambushes and so forth. However, I think "housekeeping" chores should be streamlined where possible, precisely in order to free players up to spend their time doing more strategic thinking.

This is one reason I'm still ambivalent about the jewel system. Something like that seems to need to be in play. But so much time spent in the pure drudgery of collection . . . well, I guess it could be construed as being akin to "an entry-level job."