PDA

View Full Version : Total Value has to earn you something. Right!?...

War_Peace
08-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Many people are offering the same thing and I think it shall be done soon.
Players should earn Geos for their "Total Value" every 5 minutes. What will be the amount? Let Mickey decide...
Oh yeah...

Mickey
08-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Or, they have to pay upkeep on all of that "value" every five minutes... :)

I don't think we need to give the rich too many handouts, or newbies will never have a chance of catching them.

War_Peace
08-27-2005, 09:45 PM
At this point I have the most total value but I worked like mad to achieve this. I have collected more then 2000 jewels and my hand got into a mutation!

I work hard and spend hard!

Therefore, I demand some Geos in return of this "Total Value"

After all, I have to defend my cities. Right!?...

I love u guys...

Lukepuuk
08-27-2005, 10:02 PM
I do understand your position War_Peace.
And I do admire you've been able to do this the honest way.
But don't you think a digital medal for being able to stay in top for a while is better?
Think about it if you are a newbie here and the guys who have been here a while and have the big cities already are also earning a lot of Geo's because they have em? It would be almost impossible to ever conquer those cities again and thus making this game for the new ones a waste of time.

If you relate the game to reality, it would be that big cities would COSTE you money instead of make you money.
But if Mickey would do that, people wouldn't like to conquer them anymore so I'm not sure if that's such a good idea also.

I think you should get something else then Geo's or armies for your first place. Something original...anybody got an idea?

rasqual
08-28-2005, 04:15 AM
The "value" of cities was an early and understandably naive approach -- one that I'm sure Mickey well-understands is in serious need of revision. If my intuition is at all on target, don't be looking for a lot of benefits for having principal responsibility for a lot of urban folk. Urbanites can be notoriously entitlement-oriented when it comes to government services. This is because their environment requires more interdependence than independence, delusory denials of such dependence not withstanding. ;-)

War_Peace
08-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Dear rasqual,

You seem to be a sophisticated and comprehensive guy. But I some times have difficulties trying to understand the things you write. Even though, thank you for your co-operation and please read your private messages as i requested this in the game by giving this request to a name of my army and sent it to your base! (Phew.. What a sentence that was...)

As to our subject here, I still think that a reward is necessary for the "value owners" and it is of course Geos.

Oh my gosh u guys!...

partin
08-30-2005, 04:58 AM
oh, war_peace, don't attack me! ok? I now in shanghai.