PDA

View Full Version : "your hold on that location "

rasqual
08-28-2005, 04:08 AM
Sorry, your hold on that location has been released. Please find a new location.

I had checked a spot some time ago, and it said I had two hours left when I tried to get it (oil field). Coming back I moved off the old spot slightly, got marker, and tried again. Got the above message. Found another spot (amazing) and tried again. Same message.

Mickey
08-28-2005, 04:38 AM
I'm inclined to think something on your system is getting cached, as I haven't touched that script recently.

The "hold" is for 60 seconds, to cut down the chances of two people grabbing the same spot. I should probably script it differently, but this works for now.

I'm thinking you should find a new spot, try to get it, and if that message comes up again then refresh the page. The refresh shouldn't affect anything negatively. You may have already tried this, but that's all I can think offhand.

It's either that, or the "X" on the map is not creating the necessary entry in one of our tables. Given that the last 8 or so entries in there are yours, that seems unlikely.

Argh.

rasqual
08-28-2005, 06:47 AM
Worked OK now. I'll keep a wary eye on my cache.